OIL FILTER

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
PH8A is a Ford filter, bypass built in. There are 2 conversions to spin on filters, one takes this filter with the bypass in the filter, the other uses the stock bypass parts of the canister filter.

Junky

Well Known Member
I use the large Wix truck spin on oil filter #57794 on my 409. Extra quart of oil.

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

Admitting that you use the Fram filter, and are willing to admit to it, you are a very brave fellow. I personally have nothing against Fram, and have used them for years, but the "internet bullies" hate Fram.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am using a Napa Gold 1515. I have a Napa Gold 1414 on the shelf from some time ago, believe it goes in the canister which is on the shelf also. However, like oil, you are going to get a million opinions. What's right? I don't know anymore.

Junky

Well Known Member
What's right, is what makes you happy. What makes me happy is changing scolding hot oil with my electric pump, and changing a cold filter. Nothing like cold oil running down your arm toward your arm pit!

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Admitting that you use the Fram filter, and are willing to admit to it, you are a very brave fellow. I personally have nothing against Fram, and have used them for years, but the "internet bullies" hate Fram.
I use Wix filter Junky!!

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s