Oil Problem

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ditto Ray !!!:clap Thats the next setup I`m going to after new headers !!!
May even add some stylin` valve cover breathers to my Moon covers !!:eek:

Coupe, I had a similar problem with oil spurting out the filler tube/breather cap.
replaced it with a name brand Hipro cap and fixed the problem.
I`m also using a PCV system,,,dq

johnnyrod

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I never installed the can under the intake you know the one that goes to the road draft tube. Is this a problem or more to the point whats it do. I am running pcv and am considering the tube instead. Thanks John

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The can acts is an air-oil separator keeping the oil in the valley and letting the vapor out the tube.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
sheesh !!??? I don`t know how i missed all the pages to this thread !!!!
I posted a reply to ray about the pan-vac system way back there !!:doh

I just read all the posts on this subject and now trying to digest all the info and flak-back.

29,,, I think your problem was/is caused by too much internal pressure . One way or another I don`t think the PCV system is/was enough to cure the problem but with the larger opening/tube of the road tube that pressure now has somewhere to vacate the engine at the rate needed.

Have you taken a compression or leak down test ?

I would be curious to see those results,,,,:deal ,,,dq

29Coupe348

Well Known Member
dq409 said:
sheesh !!??? I don`t know how i missed all the pages to this thread !!!!
I posted a reply to ray about the pan-vac system way back there !!:doh

I just read all the posts on this subject and now trying to digest all the info and flak-back.

29,,, I think your problem was/is caused by too much internal pressure . One way or another I don`t think the PCV system is/was enough to cure the problem but with the larger opening/tube of the road tube that pressure now has somewhere to vacate the engine at the rate needed.

Have you taken a compression or leak down test ?

I would be curious to see those results,,,,:deal ,,,dq
last time i took a compression test it was between 120 and 135 in all cylinders, but the motor is torn down now, getting a freshening up.