Oil Testing

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Just to let everyone know, the oil samples are in the lab.:clap I don't expect to hear anything till next year. We shut down 7 days for Christmas.:coffee: We plan to see what else is in the data base from past testing too. Thanks to Models for 4 of the samples.:cheers

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Got some data back. Just waiting on the compleat list.

models, what brand oil did you use to mix the additives, crane and zddp? Did you mix the crane? It looks strange.:dunno

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Results

There is still a question on the Crane additive. It seems to be WAY to high. The EOS needs to be base lined against the Rotella. I have some more samples that may go through sometime soon.

Attachments

• Fresh Oil Analysis.doc
    84.5 KB · Views: 100

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Doesn't work on my mac

.exe won't work on Macs. Post it some other way. I got the Crane additive from the engine shop already mixed. I am sure somebody there could have gotten it wrong. It's what they had in the dyno room for a new engine break-in.

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
oil jpeg chart

Here you go Models

Mark, I never said I was testing for wear or "friction", just content. Wasn't trying to prove anything. I am sure that testing can be done hear and more. The truth is that ZDDP IS a friction modifier and a good one. The test you list seems to me to be a test by amsoil. Of course your oil will look better than the rest. :scratch I bet the other companies can make the test look better too. You didn't prove anything either.

I am curious, what kind of engineering degree do you have? By all your previous post I thought you where a salesman.

Attachments

• oil ok.jpg
    oil ok.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 59

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Interesting artical in Feb. 2008 Muslce Car Enthusiast magazine, subject is about oil and wiping out camshafts etc. Interesting to hear some other comments if anyone has read it.