OK, here's a question for the ages.

Iowa409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
As I get older my music changes, I love all styles, except big band, from growing up as a kid that the GREAT COUNTRY KSO, played every Sunday, til noon, to my Rebellious rock n roll of my teenage years, to Beaker Street, to actually becoming a musician, and playing it all, to my now current life of listening, its all good, as long as it has some form of talent.

Listening for pleasure:
Frank Zappa-Black Napkins

Country- Anything

Aggressive Rock- Montrose- Rock Candy

Top 40 - Dirty Diana- Michael Jackson

My First concert at 8 was Bill Anderson, Porter Wagoner and a little known gal, who was Porters new back up singer, Dolly Parton.
@ the old Threshers reunion in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa and dinner with pops at a place called Long John Silvers.

I've been to 100's since that day,

Favorite Rock Concert the IOWA JAMS, Nuegent, Cinderella, Dokken, AC/DC, Kiss (Black diamonds), Sabath, Bob Seeger, to many, to list

In my military days, I joined up with the USO shows out of Ft. Bliss Texas, we had five bands, covering all genres and my band was a top 40 band doing songs like Careless whispers by Wham, type stuff.

On the days where the pros came for shows we became the roadies, I set up sound systems for, BB King, Gloria Estefan, Burton Cummins and the guess who a lil band out of Texas named ZZ Top.

As I got older and went into work mode, being a guitar player /singer did not feed you where I came from..... that sucked, reality smack.

I turned to HVAC as a career, and started doing Touring buses and fixing their AC systems, I've done Bob Dylans bus, he was a dick, and was charged accordingly, the best was Steve Miller and his wife and kids, free food, free tickets to the show, just a cool ass guy.

if my 64 is going to be on the road it will be bumpin all the greats, I have an Alpine X series system installed (Partially) to be completed.
I have about $3K in that system, I like to hear the notes, one of my fondest memories, my pocket transistor radio, 9 volt, mom bought me for Christmas at 9 years old, crackling, blown speaker and half tuned in station, held to my ear everywhere I went, oh the memories.

TheLRZ

Well Known Member
I had to look it up. I have never heard it before. Just thought I would help you out here and post the link.

Great song for a guy who works in a coal part and who’s family from generations ago were from Prince Edward Island

I play Stompin Tom everyday.

Attachments

• D9CE5F73-86B0-4400-AF0B-24E32DB7DA46.jpeg
    D9CE5F73-86B0-4400-AF0B-24E32DB7DA46.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 3EF82FBE-DB82-42BB-958F-D4F0A900940C.jpeg
    3EF82FBE-DB82-42BB-958F-D4F0A900940C.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 4