ok, so now what

111goose

I'm not exactly sure how this all works but here's my story.
I accidentally stumbled across a half taken apart 348, half buried in a barn/garage, while buying parts for a 41 Chevy Coupe, that I found while looking for parts for my stock 70 Nova, that I found while looking for a new daily driver.... funny how **** works.
Ok, now that we are all on the same page. I know I never saw one before, or if I did I didn't realize it. I'm not even sure if I had heard of one... What caught my eye was the valve covers and the tri-power setup. I knew I wanted it right there and then. Since then I have finished taking it apart and this past w/e found and bought a 409 crank at Carlisle Swap Meet. So now what should I be looking for? I know that the info is here on this site but if anyone can get me moving a little faster in the right direction i would appreciate it. I've identified all the major parts but so everyone knows what they are I will list the part #'s too.
Thanks for the help.
-goose
Block # 3755011, B2061
Heads #3758379, A1460
I1059
Intake #3749948, I1959
348 Crank #3732692
409 Crank # 072

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Good Find

:clap I am building a similar motor for my 58 Apache Pick-up:cool: I have a 348 truck block and a 409 crank and intend on using Eddy Heads with fuel injection. If you go to search at the top bar and type in 348 stroker and search you will come up with allot of go reading. And a lot of the guys here will answer any questions and give opinions to help you along. It;s good to have you aboard. :cheers

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome aboard GOOSE,:clap You will love the info found here from a great group of guys. When you get going on your project "Ws" RULE!!,please send lots of pics as you go along.:crazy:cheers:cheers