Old 409 Lover!

This website is awesome!! I didn't know it existed until I read about it somewhere. I have been a 409 fanatic since the 70s and just can't get it out of my blood. I used to own three 409 (all 425 horse engines) but unfortunately they were sold in mid 80s. I have always regretted seling them but was really pressed for money then. fortunately I kept a few parts (a M/T crossram intake-new. a single quad aluminum intake. Offy valve covers and a complete gasket set). I hope to someday find another 409 but it's getting harder all the time since they are now more popular than when they were new! I can't believe the prices of these engines! I would be happy to find a short block now since there are aluminum heads available. I used to belong to the Midwest 409 Club in the 70s and part of the 80s but have lost all my 409 connections! It's really great to see a website with REAL 409 fans not just investment yuppies jumping on the nostalgia bandwagon. Great website!!

409z28

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hello

Well this site will bring you back to "Shes real fine my 409" Welcome. Lets hear some stories. Mike:cheers

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Welcome... allot of Ohio,Indiana folks on here. Hopefully you can get to our mini convention if we can get together somewhere this summer.
robert

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome fatty, I believe you will enjoy this site. We have been described as a zoo, but seldom do we get bored.

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome there Fattydigs,In Ohio they are still many of 409's floatin' around.Pay attention to the sight,they pop up all the time,don't give up on locating one,Wealth of knowkledge here,never find this in any school or any car magazine.Glad to have you aboard the sight,how about sharing some old pictures and some old 409 stories,we like to learn as well. John