Old Gasoline Station Thread

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Mine was Texaco. Didn't own it though, just ran it from 16 to 22 Nights and Week-Ends.

I also loved it in the beginning, but had enough in '75.
I didn't own it either, and it was a Shell, and I didn't last at all for lots of reasons. It was fun for a short time though. I did take a brothers Cadillac for using a stolen card for gas though. That was fun.:D After threatening me all night, he came back the next day with the money so I gave his car back.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I didn't own it either, and it was a Shell, and I didn't last at all for lots of reasons. It was fun for a short time though. I did take a brothers Cadillac for using a stolen card for gas though. That was fun.:D After threatening me all night, he came back the next day with the money so I gave his car back.
I was doing good and business was growing.Probably could be open to this day if I wanted to . Just didn't like the headaches. Wasn't for me .Lots of con's very few pro's.

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Very cool Brian. Back in the high school days they often had that center post drive on lift and always in the bay closest to the office. The other one was called the wash bay when I worked in them as a yute (2 Esso/Exxon stations and 1 no brand). That "wash" bay often had one of my vehicles in it torn apart to the owner's chagrin.

Last edited:

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Conversation:

"So - do you think your husband knows you bring it here to get serviced?....." :slap2

62BillT

Well Known Member
OK, that is my exact Texaco Station (the real one) except in reverse. Our garage doors were on the other side. Everything is exactly the same including the sign although we had 3 pumps. Two Regular's and a Hi-test in the center with a 2-post set of lights. Close with the '64. Many times I had my '62 parked there, lol.

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
When I worked at a station in the late '60's, I remember checking the oil during (almost) every time someone stopped for gas regardless of how much they were getting, and showing the driver the level on the dipstick if it was low. I also had to clean the windshield for every gas stop, even if it was only for a $1.00 worth of gas (of course gas was 19-cents a gallon then). If there was a good looking girl in the front seat, that side of the windshield got a really good cleaning. (Damn - I'm getting old!)

John