Old Picture

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I got a picture from my dad when I was a young boy. As I remember it was a red 57 chevy. I think it said "shake rattle and roll " on the side. Does anybody remember it? I have tried to find that picture to no avail. Also had a picture of a Willys, but it was so long ago I can't remember. I will have my wife help me look for the pictures. Reminds me of being young and carefree! :roll

Race Artist

Well Known Member
'57 Chevy

I got a picture from my dad when I was a young boy. As I remember it was a red 57 chevy. I think it said "shake rattle and roll " on the side. Does anybody remember it? I have tried to find that picture to no avail. Also had a picture of a Willys, but it was so long ago I can't remember. I will have my wife help me look for the pictures. Reminds me of being young and carefree! :roll

Over on the Jalopy Journal site there is a forum much like this one called the H.A.M.B. and there is a Super Stock-F/X thread and one called Drag Cars In Motion. The latter I believe pictures of the famous '57 Chevy that you are after. Just try doing a Google image search for the car also.
Joel

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I think the car you're after is called Shake Rattle and Run. I used to have a really terrific picture of it taken under the light of a setting sun saved in my computer but I can't find it. I did a search and came up with these though.
By the way, I think that car, or a replica is still running up the dragstrip but it has been modernized and it doesn't look quite the same. I think it's really fast now so it sits lower and I think it has a spoiler on the trunk lid.

Attachments

• Shake,%20Rattle%20&%20Run%20Oswego%201963.jpg
    Shake,%20Rattle%20&%20Run%20Oswego%201963.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 1966_shake_on_coverdrag_mag.jpg
    1966_shake_on_coverdrag_mag.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 022_001.jpg
    022_001.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 54