Old school

348stroker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Everyone,
I'm a 62 years old, and retired from the U.S. Army. I also have to confess that I am a certified car nut, at least my wife (of 30 yrs) has certified me. I have more projects (9) than I will ever complete (in my life time) and I just bought a 62 Impala. The Impala (a roller) has moved to the top of the list. I want something different in the engine bay, so I have found an affordable 348 to install. Since reading the forum I have decided that a 3.75 stroker is the way to go. I will probably be asking a lot of questions as I put together this 348/4speed Impala. Thanks

409z28

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome

Theres more info here than in manuals,,, banuales and libraryies.. Ask a question and the answer is here. Just be careful of them Texans Ha Ha. :roll
Ronnie, put out the welcome mat....we got to help them Yankees!!:roll:roll

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Welcome to The Board. The Best Board on the net. I see you're only about an hour from Beaver Springs. Will you be going to the York Reunion this weekend and Beaver Springs Dragway on Sunday? If you go to BSD be sure to look up Bob Walker and his White 63 Race car. I'm still trying to work BSD into my schedule, I hope to be there also.
Welcome Again!
:brow

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome 348stroker, Many , many threads dedicated to the 348 stroker. Use the search option and you will have hours of great reading. Am glad you found an affordable 348, however, the cost of building is substantial. I'm sure the final result will be worth every cent spent. Good luck and ask anything you want. Plenty of experienced old dudes on this site.

348stroker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Transplanted Yankee

Thanks for the welcome from all. I plan on going to BSD this Sunday and will certainly look for Bob Walker and his 63, and hope to see you there Dick. I'll be the one in T-shirt and baseball cap.:D Actually it will be a Terra's Speed shop shirt and hat.
Z actually I am from the South, I just ended my tour of duty here and my daughter wanted to finish high school, and then college, then she got married and moved off. So now I have to much "Stuff" to even consider moving South now, Unless you might help me move my Stuff but no further South than Fort Polk. Then I could return the sand I sometimes find in my boots. :roll I'm sure its from Ft. Polk. I certainly will look out for those Texans, I've heard that it is a "whole nuther country".:D Thanks Don

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
348stroker...... like the road sign says "Don't Mess With Texas"

........... actually Ronnie builds a wicked ole truck engine. :bow:bow, and is always there to help.... we just like to pick on him once in a while.

Dave