Old Speed Equipment

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I'd rather use a JPI engine analyzer from my airplane. It gives you CHT and EGT on all cylinders. EGT is not all that usefull since its a relative thing but cylinder head temp is critical.
This relic is up for grabs if asnybody is interested.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
My brother had one in his 56 it had small wires that went under each spark plug wire at the distributor was cool to watch especially at night at one time he also had those clear red spark plug wites with a solid core kinda like a light show under the hood

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
HI, what kind of wheel are those in the back? I just bought a set of 4 that are from California, called "CAL Chrome" with center piece with Archer With Bow.
just curious.

Attachments

• 100_0389.jpeg
    100_0389.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 000_0064.jpeg
    000_0064.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Great find on the 56. I had one also that I restored, in 1992, we took it to the
Classic Chevy International Convention in Pleasanton Ca. and received 932 points and a Silver Award. Color was Blue and White with Black and white
Delray interior. Original 265-2bl auto. sold it for 15,000. As said by most,
wish I still had it. It was the most solid and rattle free car I've ever had, retiisoree restored.

Attachments

• 000_0065.jpeg
    000_0065.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 14

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Cecil, great find!
I remember seeing those Lectro-Scopes.

I kind of remember they would lite up each block from the spark plug intensity, you could tell which plug was not firing properly.

Would be cool if someone had an original one, considering that car.
Congratulations!!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Great find on the 56. I had one also that I restored, in 1992, we took it to the
Classic Chevy International Convention in Pleasanton Ca. and received 932 points and a Silver Award. Color was Blue and White with Black and white
Delray interior. Original 265-2bl auto. sold it for 15,000. As said by most,
wish I still had it. It was the most solid and rattle free car I've ever had, retiisoree restored.
Nice car Cash...

Reactions: 327

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Just found this, that's a hell of a find Cecil. Wow! Might be cooler finds out there, but I don't know where. Dual quad 327, muncie, chrome reverse, black plates, so bitchin. Love that plate frame!!

Such a shame that numb nuts let it sit outside for my entire life and then some with no hood and no windshield:bat:bang

Think how sweet that car would be if it was in a garage that whole time....