oldskydog, aircraft story

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Can't be a B-25.....yours has 4 engines....B-25 had 2
Still VERY COOL !!!! Thanks for sharing !!!

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have a cow pasture on the south edge of Alliance Airport, north of Ft.Worth.
I have a great seat for airshows, but my favorite seems to be when I catch an Old Warhorse doing touch and goes or practice landings......
This was my seat last week when checking on cows.......I sat there for an hour.....finally had to make myself get back to work !!!
B-29 FIFIIMG_7704.jpgIMG_7705.jpgIMG_7706.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7704.jpg
    IMG_7704.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 0

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
That was the Lancaster…..neat airplane, probably the one I saw at Oshkosh.
Cecil,

I hope I got the title right.... this is in my back yard last weekend and I am about 20 min from the Hamilton Aviation museum. They also have a Lancaster that still makes flight passes and usually goes over my place.

wristpin

Well Known Member
There is a very nice SAC museum west of Omaha. Exit 426, about 1/2 mile off Interstate 80. SR-71 greets as you enter the museum. Very much worth seeing the exhibits.

heddrik

Well Known Member
I have a great seat for airshows, but my favorite seems to be when I catch an Old Warhorse doing touch and goes or practice landings......
This was my seat last week when checking on cows.......I sat there for an hour.....finally had to make myself get back to work !!!
B-29 FIFIView attachment 61790View attachment 61791View attachment 61792Mr. Simpson, do you live in Roanoke?
I worked at American at Alliance for years, dad was AirForce , I loved seeing that B29!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
B-29 FIFIView attachment 61790View attachment 61791View attachment 61792
Did you buy your pasture from Ross??????

heddrik

Well Known Member
Great! I live in west Ft. Worth. Can we get together and talk sometime? I thot you had a 409 truck block for sale here a few months ago. Pm me and I'll send you my e mail and cell. Thank you. Kent

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No, l have a lease from City of Ft.Worth....I am west of runway and Ross is east of runway on south end.