On The Second Amendment

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Ok I get it, I wasn't sure what you were getting at.

I read somewhere that you only have about 35 gun homicides per year in Australia. That's pretty low but I gather from your post that there was even less before the gun control laws.

We have over 200 here in Canada where I live. We get quite a few gang members shooting each other in the bigger cities. The gang on gang stuff doesn't bother me except that they sometimes kill innocent bystanders.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Grub.....I just received this email this evening. Maybe you can verify it.

AUSTRALIA'S GUN LAW - OOPS

Everyone should be very careful about what your government wants you to NOT have.

Australian Gun Law Update
Here's a thought to warm some of your hearts....

Hi Yanks, I thought you all would like to see the real figures from Down Under.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.

The first year results are now in:
Australia-wide, homicides are up 6.2 percent,
Australia-wide, assaults are up 9.6 percent;
Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent) in the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.(Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not and criminals still possess their guns!)

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the elderly, while the resident is at home.
Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in 'successfully ridding Australian society of guns....' You won't see this on the American evening news or hear your governor or members of the State Assembly disseminating this information.
The Australian experience speaks for itself. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.
Take note Americans, before it's too late!
Will you be one of the sheep to turn yours in?
WHY? You will need it.

FORWARD TO EVERYONE ON YOUR EMAIL LIST. [I DID]

DON'T BE A MEMBER OF THE SILENT MAJORITY!!!!

BE ONE OF THE VOCAL MINORITY WHO WON'T STAND FOR NONSENSE

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Hi Phil,

I have not seen this previously, but it is correct.

The laws changed slowly from about 1986, I had a few fire arms, single barrel shot gun, a nice Miroku 22, and a collectors Winchester 30/30. up till then I used to go plugging Kangaroos, Foxes, Rabbits etc. mainly from outback tracks and the odd farmers property, things changed and because I did'nt use them much and the Govt wanted to know when you bought a bullet I sold them. As the laws got tighter and tighter more people got the shits and said it was all too hard and either sold or handed their guns in. The Govt was'nt satisfied and kept pushing and pushing, then Port Arthur.

From the late 70's back we would go shooting small birds and the like in my own backyard or down the sand dunes at the end of my street, I remember in 1975, I was 15, my best mate Barney and myself were going through the local sand hills, we came across a couple of poofters buggering each other, rather than run away, we shot the one on top in both arse cheeks and the bolted, laughing all the way home.

Now if you get caught with an air gun, its 20 years in the can, most won't even break the skin.

I would suggest the Copper from Oz is pretty well spot on.

cheers

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
:dunno

repubican.jpg

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Wow! Why does our racist press hide THESE conservative black leaders. Did you know
that there were other black leaders other than Rangel, Sharpton, Farrakan? These people
are new to me.

You just need to watch the first 3:15 seconds of this one hour to get the gist.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I'm with you Dick. I know a guy, a cantankerous old bastard,:bat stubborn old SOB,:brow old fashioned,:cheers grey haired dude,:dunno will,:crazy when the next gun buy back happens in a town, 30 miles from where he lives, will take some cash in his pocket and save some guns from the gun hating establishment.:D