On the way home from Thompson

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I blew the trans in the 2004 Sature Vue. This is the trans that was replaced in Feb. for $5,6000. My extended warrantee covered the tab the first time. GM gives it 3 years or 100,000 miles. Still, 8,000 miles and it fails is too much for my wife who has dreams of being stranded on some country road in the dead of night. Trans went out 1.5 hours out of Chicago. Limped home after it cooled down and the next day I bought a 2006 HHR with 30,000 miles and an extended warrantee. We are an all Chevrolet family again.

Attachments

• HHR2.jpg
    HHR2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 40
  • HHR1.jpg
    HHR1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 31

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
HHR is a great ride!! My girl friend has one and I love it!!
Fast and peppy little 4 banger!!
I would like the HHR Panel with a SS engine in it!!

Attachments

• x07ct_hr071_450.jpg
    x07ct_hr071_450.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 46

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Yep.....

I drove it a couple of days. I like it. I checked Ebay, lots of parts for them in the yards.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
A guy I know has one and likes it.
It's a good practical vehicle with a bit of style.:beerbang

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
HHR is a great ride!! My girl friend has one and I love it!!
Fast and peppy little 4 banger!!
I would like the HHR Panel with a SS engine in it!!

Jim, I also would like a panel, I would make it a Pro-Street with a Supercharger sticking out of the hood :eek: :D

S

Swiss Impala

Sorry to say this, may be some day I shall be banned, I feel it.
And, Louis Chevrolet was a Swiss citizen and Chevrolet is more than a make
for me, it is some kind of passion, but most of these newer Chevrolets (even the C6 Corvette)
are really ugly cars :eek: and I hate the day when I have to buy a new car.:?
And I do not talk about those Korean cars which wear the bowtie logo.
When this started it was the beginning of the end.
Now you can ban me! :crazy :crazy :crazy :takethat

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
GM is having major problems with the trannies in the Saturn Outlook,Buick Enclave,GMC Arcadia and Chevy Equinox versions of this SUV.The trannies are not holding up at all.Also the timing chains on these same models are stretching and being replaced in huge numbers.They appearently put a too light of a chain in this heavy vehicle.All the units are being changed out for stronger timing chains.Apparently the weight of the vehicle with the lighter change has caused the chains to stretch.I work as an outside vender for 5 different GM dealers,these vehicles are in their shops in record numbers.I guess the US goverment Obama mobiles break like his politics have done.