On the way to Thompson !!!

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
road report............ we're at a little town in SD.......... Kadok I think it is........... about 1 1/2 hours east of Rapid City.

I have a leak on one of my new rear wheel bearings. Will anyone have a slide hammer in their tool box so I can pull the axle when I get there ?????......... I'll just silicone it up good to get me back home.

Other than that everything is going well !!!!!!

:bow:bow
Thanks
Dave

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
road report............ we're at a little town in SD.......... Kadok I think it is........... about 1 1/2 hours east of Rapid City.

I have a leak on one of my new rear wheel bearings. Will anyone have a slide hammer in their tool box so I can pull the axle when I get there ?????......... I'll just silicone it up good to get me back home.

Other than that everything is going well !!!!!!

:bow:bow
Thanks
Dave

Dave, just reverse the brake drum (unless you have rear discs) and use it for a slide hammer.:coffee:

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
T-Shirt Express Is On The Way

The T-Shirt Express departed PHX at 0600 Az time .:cool:
Arrived ABQ 1330 MDST for Texas BBQ at Rudy's. 1/2 lb of lean brisket, potato salad, green chile stew to go.:cheers
Passed a red 57 Corvette on a trailer and a nice 52 chebby convert east of Albuquerque, but they were westbound.
Arrived Amarillo at 1930 CDST.:yawn:
Truck got 21 mpg without a/c running and 19.5 with a/c. 5.3L 2003 chev.:clap
Cheapest gas so far was 2.53 in Tx.:deal

S

Swiss Impala

Dave, :cheers
Sorry to hear this with the wheel bearing, but as I know you, you find a
solution.
Glad to hear that the Lady works so well.
And, IT works great, you know what I mean. Thank you.
Again, good luck to you, Ken and the Lady.
Good luck also to all of you on the way to Thompson.

Franz

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
15 mpg pulling a trailer, that's good!:beerbang
Of course you are going down hill.:?:D

Jim,

Actually, we've gone from 2400' at Boise to 6500' here in Wyoming !!! But, we did have a good tail wind most of the day. I"m wondering if the last tank of gas was a higher octane, because it did about 3 mpg better than the last ?

Dave said:

I have a leak on one of my new rear wheel bearings.

Dave,

Glad to hear you are making such good progress, but sorry to hear about the wheel bearing !! If you keep making progress like that, you'll be in Thompson before the sun comes up on Wednesday !!!! :bow:bow

Save us a good spot

Bill and Linda

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes, we're ahead of schedule but that's a good thing........... Bryan is bringing a slide hammer to fix the leaking axle.
We'll do our best to help fatride & the gang save room.

Dave

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nuts

Nuts or anyone else traveling through ILLinois on I-80. Good place to eat is halfway across. Exit 75 , turn left (north)at top of ramp, Go to first light, turn right, there is an old shell restaraunt called FOUR STAR immediately on your right. Excellent food, good prices. Several gas stations at that exit also. Also Wal-Mart just north of there. There are Autozone, napa, O'reily's south of the exit two lights ,turn left.

Gas the last I seen in IL. was 2.86 for cheap stuff.

There is also a restaraunt at exit 112 at the lare truck stop on the north side of the interstate, but I haven't been there in a while, used to be good food.

Dave, You're on your own on I-90, Sorry can't recommend anywhere.

Good luck Guy's, be safe. I gotta go to Brownsville:cry:cry

:crazyRay

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave, depending on time of day for Chicago, I recommend you take the I-294 toll road around, couple miles further, but quicker. (usually). other than 11am to 1pm 90/94 through chicago sucks.

:crazyRay

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
31 May 2010 - Rawlings WY to North Platte, NE

Well another great day of travel !!!! Lots of climbing from Rawlings to Chennyne, then flattened out to North Platte. We stopped at the highest point on I-80, 8640' at the rest stop. No snow to be seen, I thought there might be ?

picture.php

Wide open roads, with light traffic, so we drove along at 70 mph. Got into North Platte, early afternoon.

picture.php

Saw a lot of curious little creatures at the rest area, but I couldn't get that picture to upload.

Having a great trip so far. Hope everyone else it too !!!!:clap:clap

Bill and Linda

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave if your coming acrossed I 70 give me a call and we'll fix the seal before you get there. That way it will not be such a pain. I have seals and a hoist to make it much easier. I'm off exit 14 just inside Ohio from Indiana. Dad and I plan on leaving early thurs. It's about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs. to the track from here. Anyone else coming that way that need something give me a holler at (937) 974-1562 and I'll do what I can to help out. Only about 5 to 7 mins. north of I 70. Anything to help the long traveling fellers would be my pleasure. Scott Hall:cheers

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Dave if your coming acrossed I 70 give me a call and we'll fix the seal before you get there. That way it will not be such a pain. I have seals and a hoist to make it much easier. I'm off exit 14 just inside Ohio from Indiana. Dad and I plan on leaving early thurs. It's about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs. to the track from here. Anyone else coming that way that need something give me a holler at (937) 974-1562 and I'll do what I can to help out. Only about 5 to 7 mins. north of I 70. Anything to help the long traveling fellers would be my pleasure. Scott Hall

Geeze Thanks Scott....... :bow:bow:bow

I'll try and call you tomorrow.................. we crossed the Mississippi today !!
Dave

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Tuesday - 1 Jun 2010 Norfth Platte, NB - Adire, IA

Well another good drive, but right now we're surrounded by thunderstorms and tornado watches !!!!:eek::eek: Hope that everything goes well throughout the night.

We crossed Nebraska, the Missouri River at Omaha and entered IA with no problems or even rain, although it looked black all a round, through Omaha. PVS409 called to say that he had come down with the flu and would not be able to attend. :grumble: I know he was really looking forward to coming and is very disapointed he can not.

We'll head out again first thing in the moring and hope to get somewhere around the Chicago area by the end of the day. Still planning to be in Thompson, late Thursday and out to the track Friday.

Keep us a spot

Bill and Linda

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Bill, your making good time. The Dragstrip is open Thursday 10am to 5pm so you can leave your car and trailer in the pits parked with 409 group, the 62 will be a lot more secure than the Motel parking lot. Enter your car as Race not Rodder to park in the pits. I'll be on the Indiana toll road about 9am Thursday morning, maybe we will bump into you.

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave I just noticed you are probably going through Chicago. If you are I'm way out of the way. When we ride to sturgis we skip Chicago and go thru Indy. Probably wrong for you. But if your coming my way give me a call at 1-937-974-1562 and we'll fix you up. If not hope to meet you in Thompson. Scott Hall

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Dave I just noticed you are probably going through Chicago. If you are I'm way out of the way. When we ride to sturgis we skip Chicago and go thru Indy. Probably wrong for you. But if your coming my way give me a call at 1-937-974-1562 and we'll fix you up. If not hope to meet you in Thompson. Scott Hall

Hey Scott.......... sorry I didn't call today. I was wondering if the offer was still good after the weekend if you're not to far out of our return route. I'll see you at the track.

The rad cap let go on us yesterday and we've tried 2 new ones since. Everything was good until we hit the warm weather yesterday. To make a long story short the new aluminum rad I have just won't do the job. I have a 160* high flow thermostat, proper shroud, huge fan etc...... but the rad just can't get rid of the heat fast enough. With the 160* thermostat she's running between about 180* and 200*......... I'm not a happy camper but she's doing OK and as long as it doesn't get any worse she'll be fine..........

We made it through Chicago today........ thanks for the advice Ray....... the toll road was OK......... a little construction that slowed things a bit but other than that it was good. We made it to Port Clinton tonight......... I think we're only about 70 miles from Cleveland......... We're going to have an easy day tomorrow and do some tourist things around Cleveland.......... We'll be at the track first thing Thursday morning.

Dave

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Dave: Good to hear that you are still progressing. I have hooked my trailer up last night and everything is set for me to head out.
robert

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Cleveland?

Don't smoke near the river, I hear it catches fire easy. Just kidding. I think they fixed that little problem a few years back. I'll drop my wife off at her sister's place in Cleveland Friday afternoon and head to Thompson for a look around.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Made about 575 miles yesterday. Are in Richmond, IN. Will be in Mentor tonight!!! Great day yesterday but looks like rain all day today!!

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Damn Phil. You were 10 mins from the house and didn't call or come by. That's just hurtful. Could have took you by to get your opinion on a red on red 60 chevy 348 4 speed that is in the process on becoming a second w motor in dads hot rod stable. Should pick it up after Thompson. Dave the offer is good for whenever. Even if years from now. Scott Hall

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The GMC dealership replaced my 4 wheel steer motor today on my Yukon.Thank God that bad boy was covered under the extended warranty.I Loaded my Chevy tonight,strapped it down,and ready to pull out tomorrow night.Really excited about the weekend.If this is half as good as the event was last year,we are in for one great time.I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.I've got Paint Helper 2 riding shotgun with me this year as well. John