One guess

lilbuzzy

Well Known Member
DSCN2292.jpg

guess what i saw yesterday

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Appears to be a Mystery Motor. But............cogged belts???? And a small block fan shroud.
Jr. Johnson's car???????????????????

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
A quick question from a dummy, I see Juniors car states MKII 427,

What engine was a MKIII, if there was one ? :dunno

I always assumed that the
348/409 was MKI
The Z11 was MKII
The Mystery MKIII
and the 396-454 MKIV.

please correct me. :deal

cheers

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
I read somewhere recently that the Mark III motor was DOA. Existed on paper only. I'll see if i can find that info. Leo

lilbuzzy

Well Known Member
you guys are good. it is juniors from rk. was in charlotte this past weekend for the auto fair. pretty neat old car. the quarters shocked me. being bowed so much. i guess for tire removal?
DSCN2290.jpg

DSCN2286.jpg

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I'm not sure if maybe the quarters were "made" that way for more aerodynamics. Richard would probably know.

Brent Hall

Supporting Member 2
How was your weekend in Charlotte? Did you purchase anything or like me and just wear out a good pair shoes?

lilbuzzy

Well Known Member
How was your weekend in Charlotte? Did you purchase anything or like me and just wear out a good pair shoes?
just shopped. no real bargains. was mainly looking for some small block midyear vette stuff. found some but it was way high. as far as cars, there were two bad ass bubble tops. a black one and a white one. they were high as well. couldnt build them for the asking price, but i couldnt pop on em. i think charlotte was a traders haven. bout the only way you could come out on the cars. nice time. took my dad and one of our close friends. great weekend overall.

Brent Hall

Supporting Member 2
I was looking for a 1964 Impala with some 18's or 20's on it so I could see how it filled out the wheel well. I didn't see anything. Im trying to figue out what size to put on my. I did see a bad 64 biscain. I will go back in the fall I only live about an hour and half from there in SC.

lilbuzzy

Well Known Member
I was looking for a 1964 Impala with some 18's or 20's on it so I could see how it filled out the wheel well. I didn't see anything. Im trying to figue out what size to put on my. I did see a bad 64 biscain. I will go back in the fall I only live about an hour and half from there in SC.
there was a 62 with 20's. they looked good, but were close to the front part of the fender opening. i think i am going with 19's on mine.

oil4kids

Well Known Member
Mark 1. 409 w motor. 3.5 crank
Mark1 S 427. Z11. W motor. 3.65 crank

Mark 2. 409 ci Mystery motor original design 409 style 90 degree block. 409 crank 2bolt main. Canted valve heads. 3.5 inch crankshaft new pistons.
Mark 2 S. 427. Mystery Daytona motor final design. New 3.65 crank

Mark 3. Packard engine exp design

Mark 4. Production 396 427. Bbc

Mark 5. Redesigned rat

S=stroked

lilbuzzy

Well Known Member
Mark 1. 409 w motor. 3.5 crank
Mark1 S 427. Z11. W motor. 3.65 crank

Mark 2. 409 ci Mystery motor original design 409 style 90 degree block. 409 crank 2bolt main. Canted valve heads. 3.5 inch crankshaft new pistons.
Mark 2 S. 427. Mystery Daytona motor final design. New 3.65 crank

Mark 3. Packard engine exp design

Mark 4. Production 396 427. Bbc

Mark 5. Redesigned rat

S=stroked
Cool. Thanks for the info. So a mark 5 s would be a 502?