opinions

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I was looking to buy this car. I was high bid. Reserve not met.
I only have the info from the add. With the market the way it is, what is it worth?
I know what the reserve was....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0357799584&sspagename=STRK:MEDWX:IT&viewitem=

This would get me WAY ahead of the game at the rate I am working:bang
I would replace the red one with the green one

DSC01873.jpg

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
It is always hard to put a price on a car like that since you can see rust but can't tell the condition of the floor and trunk for sure. The car you have looks pretty good in the picture. If the car is solid as he says I would say it is in the $6000 range and just because the economy sucks does not mean he is desperate to sell.

Sometimes you are just trading problems but it again is hard to tell even the condition of your car in pictures? :dunno

Bill

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The green one may be no better than what you have. Is yours original paint? The green one could be loaded with bondo?

I would want to have it inspected for bondo in particular, especially since you already have the same car. You know what is right and wrong with yours- is it an original 396 car?

The photos of the green car don't tell you much, not very clear and none of the underneath.

Don

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
What is wrong with the red 65??
The green one looks like it has issues too.
it is also just a 6 w/3-speed. Nothing special.
There would have to be some serious problems with the red one to change projects mid way for the green one.
More info please.

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I see bondo busting out all over on the green one, rf lower fender, lr lower quarter,. To me it looks like what you have is better. Read what the guy says " restored two years ago so I know it was done right" and two years later paint is blistering? I only got 10,000 for my 66 SuperSport everything in it was NEW. You know what you got. JMO

RAY

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thomas, I didn't look at the green one, don't have to. You already have a great looking car. Keep it, work on it. Just my opinion.

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
More about mine

Pictures can sure make one look good. That is why I am shy of the green one. Mine looks.... in a picture.

Mine was just like the green one l6 3spd. It has been painted 3 times (THICK). Has a Bel Air door and a quarter.
Rust in the same places as the green one and then some.
Across the fire wall fixed(?). around the windshield (fixed) and back glass and filler panel (trunk to glass). The floor wasn't to bad (fixed). The trunk has some pin holes and gone where it meets the wheel wells. The worst part is under the drip rail, front to back. Every one keeps saying my roof will blow off:eek:

I've almost talked myself out of the green one. I know I can fix mine if I just had some time:grumble:

Attachments

• eng bay 2.jpg
    eng bay 2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 67
  • eng bay 5.jpg
    eng bay 5.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 63
  • llt corner 1.jpg
    llt corner 1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 74
  • llt corner 7.jpg
    llt corner 7.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 66

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
more pics

the windshield was like this all the way around. I believe the back glass will be the same.

Attachments

• lt corner 2.jpg
    lt corner 2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 59
  • lt corner 8.jpg
    lt corner 8.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 47
  • windshield4.jpg
    windshield4.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 52

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
I say stay with what you have. You know what you got. And have already started working on it. Nice car by the way.

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thomas I'd say stick with what you have you have already started the work on it and it looks like your doing a good job I had similar rust/rot work on my Camaro and if you just keep up a steady section at a time pace it will be done before you know it. Plus I see the cross flags with the engine desigation bar below on the fender so I am usuming that the car is an original first year 396 car and just how many of those do you see around:dunno Your's is the first one Iv'e ever seen and Iv'e been doing this for over 40 years