Oregon murderer

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Couldn't help but notice the gun control protest while the left's fearless leader attempted to make an appearance to the recently bereaved at Umpqua Community College. It didn't surprise me that it wasn't to welcome any representative of the left. I lived in Oregon as a child, I know that many Oregonians are hunters and have guns.They really opposed his attempt to take advantage of the situation to further his political ambitions. It's reassuring to see people speak the truth,especially when it involves taking on the elitists at the top.Ask yourself a few things--If the left is successful in destroying your Second Amendment Constitutional right,how safe are the rest of your rights? If one goes, what's next? Also, do you want to live in a land where only the government has guns?That would start the onset of the fourth reich. Who would they weed out first? For decades, I have been against liberalism because it falsely and arrogantly assumed that they had the right to tell everybody else how to live and what to do,because they were somehow more morally superior to those who are comfortable running their own lives without outside interference.What gives a libral the idea that he is somehow superior to anybody?Doesn't their track record prove that? Look at the insipid moral failure corrupting this country and consider from who it has come.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If many Oregonians are in favor of guns why is the state predominately Liberal voting Dems? I assume these pro gun folks are a minority in Oregon.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The masses live in the large cities. Aren't most large cities liberal infested? For example, in Illinois, Chicago runs the whole State.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
That seems to be an inconsistency .I think a lot of them are libertarian populist who basically say,"Do what you want,but don't bother me."Many probably don't vote like they should,because they feel disenfranchised by both parties, also, the population centers hold most of the votes, and tend to be where the liberals concentrate their efforts. Like I said, many Oregonians go out every hunting season,bag a deer or game fowl,and add to their freezer that way. It's a tradition with many Pacific Northwesterners. Do you think,however,that san francisco represents the views,beliefs,and values of the rest of the Californians? Man,I hope not! The term "infested" seems to best describe how liberalism does things!

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The masses live in the large cities. Aren't most large cities liberal infested? For example, in Illinois, Chicago runs the whole State.

Yes, they wouldn't be "large" cities if the "masses" didn't live there:crazy
The bottom line is the majority of voters in Oregon voted Dem. And yes, it appears large cities tend to have more liberal views then small towns. If you look at a political map for Oregon you'll see that the majority of the counties in Oregon voted Republican but those are mostly low population counties, it's the number of votes that counts.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Phil,you no doubt remember the 409 Chevy Club of America newsletter! My conservatism is by no means recent. I was president of all that,got it by default,so I ran with it. That was enough being president of anything for a while.

482STROKER

Well Known Member
Phil,you no doubt remember the 409 Chevy Club of America newsletter! My conservatism is by no means recent. I was president of all that,got it by default,so I ran with it. That was enough being president of anything for a while.
I still have all of my 409 club newsletters in my closet, still take them out and re-read through them a few times a year, those were the good old days

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I still have all of my 409 club newsletters in my closet, still take them out and re-read through them a few times a year, those were the good old days
Me Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Greg...............being President of the 409 Chevy Club was your "on hands" experience to run for President again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Wasn't that fun? My problem with liberalism goes all the way back to my youth where my mother was a dyed in the wool democrat who thought fdr saved the world. She was bossy,controlling and overprotective,and thought my life needed micromanaging. In high school the environmental craze took hold, around 1970, then it became a bureaucracy to bring down free enterprise. By the late 70's and about the time the 409 thing started,the libs were organizing drives to round up and crush all old cars,even proposing states not re register them or re insure them so they would have to go. SEMA and other groups lobbied hard and fought back and stopped much of that, but not before many parts cars and project cars were lost. Their whole attitude offended my sensibilities,so it seemed natural that the intellegent solution was to be conservative. It works every time it's tried.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Yes Oregon is very Liberal in the Portland area and some large towns but most of the small towns are conservative :scratch

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
You don't think I would move to Portland? Grants Pass has my kind of appeal. Too many of the real rural areas are full of tweekers,however.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I once spent a week in Portland, different:dunno.
Is it Oregon that doesn't allow one to pump one's own gas at a gas station?

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Oregon voted against self-serve at the gas pump because it would cost jobs.It's better to work than be on the dole and they know it. This happened years ago and they have retained it.It will be interesting to see if this bad experience turns more people to the right politically.One thing or sure,when you visit Oregon to camp,fish,hike or whatever, you don't see graffiti,litter,and other problems that the worst out there seem to bring. We went to Portland and spent a wonderful afternoon in Powell Books, the world's largest system of bookstores you could imagine,(we love to read), and went to the Oregon Rail Heritage Center where ex SP Daylight 4449 is being worked on,and saw that,and while Portland no doubt has a rough section of town, it's nothing like south central LA. The problem is that gangs,drugs,and the resultant crime and poverty seems to be almost everywhere.