'original' paint debate

oldimpala

Well Known Member
Kodamar-

The Aqua '63 Convertible 409 car from Radio Shack would be me.... Fantastic memory; I try to block that job outta my life. :)

Worked there in College from '95-ish to '98-ish. Worked at an auto parts store after that off Glenwood Ave in Binghamton. My car was originally sold out of Binghamton, to a guy on Beethoven St, ironically, who I met while living in my first apartment on Rotary! :) His kids were nice enough to write their names (And lots more) in the owners manual, so I went over, and introduced myself... He was amazed to see the car....

This internet thing makes it a small world...

Did I meet/know you back in the 'Shack Days? Feel free to PM me, we can catch up. I've moved to Buffalo since then, and '09 has been rebuilt, as has most of the driveline on the '63...

Had the pleasure of picking up quite a few NOS W-Motor parts off of Doug Crockett. Some are being used on my motor now.... If you get the chance, catch up with him, the crated blocks, motors, parts he has will blow your mind... Is he still alive?

I'd kill for his '61 Biscayne 348/3x2.... With 9K miles on it!

I'll be in Binghamton next weekend, and visit pretty frequently (Family, and some friends), if you're at Barnes and Noble, let me know...

Nice '63... :) Wish mine was that clean!

-Andy/Oldimpala

PS: Aqua 409- Are you on Old Vestal Road? I always loved your car, and if it's you, your Caddy, too....

kodamar

Well Known Member
Did I meet/know you back in the 'Shack Days?
PS: Aqua 409- Are you on Old Vestal Road? I always loved your car, and if it's you, your Caddy, too....

No, I never met you, but a guy at Advance Auto Parts in Vestal knew you and talked about you back when I had my 327 car there.

I believe Aqua 409 knows of the guy on Old Vestal Road... he is the one with the 327 Convertible described earlier in this thread- and I do remember that he also has a Caddy.

I plan on being at Barnes & Noble early on Saturday, so stop by!

oldimpala

Well Known Member
No, I never met you, but a guy at Advance Auto Parts in Vestal knew you and talked about you back when I had my 327 car there.

Kinda an abrupt guy, talks really loud? Most likely my buddy Evan... He taught me quite a bit about working on cars.

Yeah; I'll be in town next weekend (18th-19th), probably will be there a bit on the late side, tho. My sister's getting married, it may be a bit of a fau-paux to blow off a sibling's wedding for a cruise in. :)

I'll find ya...

Another friend of mine has a white on blue '63 SS Convertible. 283/PG car; but he doesn't get it out too much. Own's Jonathan's on Hooper Rd... Wrenched quite a few times on that car; including in parking lots...

-Andy/Oldimpala

Aqua 409

This is great!

No Andy I'm not the guy on Old Vestal Rd. I did know him well but unfortunately he passed on about 3 years ago. His 63 convertible was white with red interior. The one that Kodamar saw at B&N with the blue interior and is owned by one of this guy's friends.

I like you was fortunate to benefit from Doug C's knowledge and W-parts. I believe he has liquidated the majority of them in the last year or so. Beside the 61 Biscayne, he had black/black 64 SS 425hp hdtp. that was NICE also!

Didn't know Johnathan's owner had a 63 SS, been there a few times though.

Looks like it's going to be good cruise weather, hope to see ya all there.

Ralph

kodamar

Well Known Member
Yeah; I'll be in town next weekend (18th-19th), probably will be there a bit on the late side, tho. My sister's getting married, it may be a bit of a fau-paux to blow off a sibling's wedding for a cruise in. :)

I will be at my niece's wedding on the 18th-19th, so the same applies... I will be there this weekend, though... People should not get married on the holy days of car cruises!:nono1: