OT/How lucky am I ?

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
I'm happy to announce that I have had the good luck to reacquire my very first hot rod. I just returned from a 5 day trip to Amarillo, Texas to bring back the car I sold in 1976. It hasn't seen the light of day since 1985. I kept track of it for the past 32 years and began the persuit of it almost a year ago. I've been afraid to say anything to my car friends, for fear of someone else finding it, or me otherwise jinxing the deal. I sold a completely finished car that I built in 1975, and bought back a completely dismantled car. Luckily, it wasn't screwed up too bad. I even got my 1967 Texas license plate (DuceV8) and my old car club plaque back, too.

Anyway, it might not look like much, but to those that know, it's quite valuable to me, just for sentimental reasons. It's a 1932 Ford three window coupe, otherwise known as a deuce coupe(like the Beach Boys sang about). Check out my pictures, and don't laugh to hard, we'll see you soon. Call me crazy.

Dave

I have my photos on PictureTrail.com
Check out my photo album called: "1932 Ford"

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid20250728
Sign my guest book or feel free to leave me some photo comments!

BTW, I'm not pulling the 409 out of my Biscayne, even though it would be cool.

note to self......Don't burn bridges.

328778799.jpg

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
aaaah,,,,,, way to go !?!?!?

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO HER ??????:doh:dunno

so,,, lets get this right,,, the picture of the red deuce is the way you sold it?
and the rusty rolling chassie is the way you get it back??:scratch

All I can say is you must be happy to at least get her back in one piece and that is just cool enough !!!!!!!!!!!:cheers

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
I expect that that will turn out as fine as all your other beautiful vehicles.
Are you going to do a nostalgic version or something more modern with the '32?

:cheers
Todd

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Good score!

Dave, that is the continuation of the great story, and now you have a new saga in the making! Hard to believe that you were able to locate and then purchase the svery ame vehicle. I've given away a few vehicles in the past (for free --always to close friends or high school buddies) and always state that when they are done with it that I reserve the right to get it back. Hasn't happened once yet...

I think you getting this special classic back is a sign that you need another project :).

Keep us posted, and good luck with your new treasure!

TomK

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Great, now we get to follow a "409 into 32 " build.:clap
I might get motivated to get back to work on my 33. :dunno
That's a great story.

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
WOW......... I guess the guy really didn't like red !!??!!

It's great to have it back where it belongs.

Dave

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
aaaah,,,,,, way to go !?!?!?

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO HER ??????:doh:dunno

so,,, lets get this right,,, the picture of the red deuce is the way you sold it?
and the rusty rolling chassie is the way you get it back??:scratch

Yes!!!!!!!! I know, it seems nuts.

All I can say is you must be happy to at least get her back in one piece and that is just cool enough !!!!!!!!!!!:cheers

Yes! I am very, very happy.

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
I expect that that will turn out as fine as all your other beautiful vehicles.
Are you going to do a nostalgic version or something more modern with the '32?

:cheers
Todd

Very traditional. I am way past bling. As of today, my plan it just to put it back on the road. Then start on a whole new chassis.

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Wow Dave, what a score!! With several companies restamping new 32's these days you are very lucky to get that original body back again. Can't wait to see what she will look like when you get her done. I am sure that she will be a real looker. Congratulations.:):):)

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave: I'd say you were real lucky. Are you sure thats the same car? what did the guy do dump a couple of gallons of paint striper on it?:dunno Good luck with it. Ken

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave, Great story and even a greater ending...:deal I am sure it will be looking good again...:brow I just went for a good ride in my buddies steel 32' roadster last night. Love the 32's...

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
Actually, the body looks worse than it is. The previous owner was an old body man. The body was completely stripped and repaired from 75 years of stress. It's in primer/guide coat, and just needs one final blocking. The hood, grill, and fenders still have the red lacquer that I put on them in 1975.

I can't wait to get started on it. I'm trying to make room in my shop to get started.

328777260.jpg

328777319.jpg

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Great story Dave!!!!

I think I know how you felt!! I felt the same way in 1982 when I bought my 63 409 back and my oldest daughter and I "hard topped it" all the way home!!!:clap:clap I sold the car in 1966 so it was 16 years later I had it back.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
That IS, a great story Dave.:clap How many people get rid of a car, only to have regrets, and wish they never did, and never see it again.:doh Good luck.:clap Skip :)