Pack-Wrat

Bomar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Ronnie when Carl Bucks and Cris put my roll cage in they upgraded the rear suspension in SOO SAD. They dropped the front of the lower control arms down and had to change the springs . I don't know if you can use the ones they took out but you're welcome to them.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks, Bo. I ordered #6033 ( 370 pound rated) Moog to replace the #6041s ( 499 pound rated ). I appreciate your offer but springs are one of the few things I have found that are inexpensive, $85 including shipping. It would have cost about half that much for you to ship the used springs so buying new ones just makes sense. Thanks again and I am looking forward to seeing you and SOO SAD at the next get-together.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jason, Thanks for asking but I think I have everything covered now except for fiberglass hood and rear bumper. Those items will have to wait until Spring. I bought Competition Engineering shocks ( Moroso). $50 x 4. Much inferior to QA-1 but the price difference was like night and day. Gotta keep things in perspective. 4- QA-1 s would have cost as much as the car is worth. LOL... New fuel pump and filter are installed ,,,, springs should be here tomorrow, so hopefully we can get a test and tune session in before old man Winter arrives and shuts everything down for a few months. But again, thanks for asking.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Jason, Thanks for asking but I think I have everything covered now except for fiberglass hood and rear bumper. Those items will have to wait until Spring. I bought Competition Engineering shocks ( Moroso). $50 x 4. Much inferior to QA-1 but the price difference was like night and day. Gotta keep things in perspective. 4- QA-1 s would have cost as much as the car is worth. LOL... New fuel pump and filter are installed ,,,, springs should be here tomorrow, so hopefully we can get a test and tune session in before old man Winter arrives and shuts everything down for a few months. But again, thanks for asking.
Ronnie, I think the competition shocks although a little harder to adjust are ok for a car running in the 11's with an auto tranny, this is what I have under the 60 with Lakewood 90/10's on the front. I have a hunch you can probably get into the high 10's with the same setup. It would be interesting to see by changing nothing else if your ET's improved by changing to a better shock package alone.