Page from the past

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
My mom's 69 Chevelle used to run H/SA at West Plains, it was a 300 horse 350 Malibu. I always loved the stock classes because most of them were real cars back then. It was strange that when we went to George Rays, the same car ran G or F/SA which made it run heads up with 325 horse 396 Chevelles.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
My mom's 69 Chevelle used to run H/SA at West Plains, it was a 300 horse 350 Malibu. I always loved the stock classes because most of them were real cars back then. It was strange that when we went to George Rays, the same car ran G or F/SA which made it run heads up with 325 horse 396 Chevelles.
So how did it do against the 396?????

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
When I spoke to Pete Kost (those of you know who was very successful with 442's like Ron Garey was) he told me he ran C/S in all the NHRA division tracks. GTO's, Coronet R/Ts SS 396 Chevelles filled the ranks and had to plow through them and usually got by them no sweat. His toughest competition he said were well prepared 1962-64 409 Chevy's that still ran damn hard and gave him a run for his money. 427 Biscaynes were pretty tough also he mentioned.

1967SuperStockNationalsAda.jpg