Painted dripper valve cover question

409Kid

Well Known Member
I have several sets of dripper covers Both sets have the ignition wire supports in deferring locations. But the set I’m staring at has the wire supports on the left cover setting at 5-1/2” in height from the rail and the right cover is sets at 5”. I always presumed these were 380/409 HP valve covers as they have the silver-gray paint under a black repaint. Why are the loom supports at different heights? Since the 2x4 air cleaners were essentially flat on the bottom I’m at a loss for a reason for the difference.

The only answer I can come up with is the shorter right side was to provide added clearance for an original tri power air cleaner. Did Hi-Po solid lifter cam 348 covers ever come with drippers? But surely they would would have been orange if that were the case

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
348 tri power valve covers had 4 wire looms were the top of the looms were level with the top of the valve cover.

409Kid

Well Known Member
Thank you for your reply. Did 348’s ever have dripper covers ? I have a pair of the short loom support covers also in my stack so that answers another question.

I have probably 30 sets of 63-65 dripper covers in my collection. Many unfortuately have or had breathers added in their past. If anyone is interested. I kept all the droppers figuring they could be spot weld into 340 hp covers.