Panhard bar

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Looks like stock is 31.375 that one is 31.5 or 1.5 longer. Sounds like it may be to long :dunno

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Is the stock 31.375 measurement center to center? And the aftermarket bar, 31.5, may be overall?
Since it is adjustable, I would think they made it to fit.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Hard imagine they would measure total overall, I would take it center to center.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I downloaded the hotchkis bar installation instructions It is adjustable from 31" to 32" center to center.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
You need to buy a adjustable panard bar, that adjusts both directions….some adjustable bars only adjust one way..
I have UMI adjustable panard bars on my 62’s ( part # 3654B) comes powder coated red or black.
it comes with double hex nuts - with a center hex nut to adjust both directions then set the selected width with the double hex nuts
I them used for stock ride height but it does center the rear end housing.

Paul

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
You need to buy a adjustable panard bar, that adjusts both directions….some adjustable bars only adjust one way..
I have UMI adjustable panard bars on my 62’s ( part # 3654B) comes powder coated red or black.
it comes with double hex nuts - with a center hex nut to adjust both directions then set the selected width with the double hex nuts
I them used for stock ride height but it does center the rear end housing.

Paul
What Paul said, otherwise with single adjuster you have to remove one end to adjust. With adjustment on both ends , you don't have to remove any end.