Parking Lift or Lifts????

62BT409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I am looking into getting a parking lift, due to limited floor space. I thought I saw (and can not find now) a 6 post lift for 4 cars. A post on each corner and 1 in each middle to lift 2 cars individually with 2 cars underneath.
Any HELP?
Thanks
JB

jwhotrod

Supporting Member 1
Parking Lifts

I do not remember seeing that combination anywhere, but I will tell you that i have owned a Backyard Buddie lift now for 4 years and I truely love it. I looked andd looked, talked and talked to all of the lift people at shows and in garages before I bought. The BB lifts are a little more expensive but they are extremely more safe than the others we looked at.

look at the way the end frames interface with the posts, The BB lift table end frames totally enclose the vertical posts they slide on, very stiff and solid. The safety notches in the posts are punched into the tubular post wall not blocks welded on, so you are not depending on the skill of a welder to hold your car up.

also from a parking perspective, the power unit has a quick disconnect so you can use a single power unit on multiple lifts and save some money that way if you are "shelving cars" I dont think I would want to depend on a 40 foot long lift table to be stable lifting 2 cars at one time, i also thnk it would take some flexibility out of moving cars around if I had to move the two bottom cars each time I wanted one of the uppers. also a BB buddie lift does not require floor bolts to operate I can move my lift on the wheel kit with a car on the lift. Not that you would necessarily want to do this but it can be done. The other point is I have floor heat in my shop and did not need to drill holes holes in the floor for anchors.

If a lift has open side corner posts and the lift table hangs in that open side on the cable with no means of enclosing the connection to stiffen the corner joints run away, the lift could parralelagram and collapse with the car on it.
http://www.backyardbuddy.com/

follow that link and look atwhat a great lift looks like, and also the pictures of what could happen with a "cheaper" lift.

Big Jim:cheers

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I would think two seperate lifts would be better then that one big one.
As said, if you want to lower or move one cr on top you would have to move both the cars on the ground to get one off the lift.
With two lifts you only have to move the one car undr the lift car you want to lower.
It would also give you better configuring if you move to a different garage or wnat to work on one car on the lift.
my two cents,, dq

62BT409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
dq409....I agree with you. The 6 post I mentioned in the beginning was the one I would want. You can raise and lower each separately. Not like the one in my link. NOW maybe I had a dream about the 6 post...HAHAHA

The backyard Buddy does not seem toooo bad. Just have to get a price and make a determination

bobs409

Administrator
I'm going with a Bend Pak. Been saving and will definetly have it by spring. (earlier if I want to assemble it in 20 degree weather) :roll

Can't wait! :beerbang

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
The Backyard Buddy is a good lift but the company's
cancellation policy sucks.............:grumble:
Be very sure when giving them a deposit.

I bought one and had to cancel and they hit me $750. to just
change paperwork............they sent my deposit back less
the $750. and then wouldn't return my calls...........:mad:

Bought a Rotary Lift a year later and it is a true professional
style lift, with extra length and height...............:D

:cheers
bj