Part of the Door Trim

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Guys,

Have a look at the plastic plug attached.

I think it fits into the door and the door trim clips into it??? :dunno

Can some one tell me what its called and where I can buy some?

Thanks.

Attachments

• What is it.jpg
    What is it.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 39

bobs409

Administrator
That's for the door panel to attach. Not sure if any vendors carry those. Got any junkyards in your part of the world? :D Probably could be had in many GM cars of the 60's if you know of any.

Bob

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Any idea what they are called...?

Bit hard to google when I don't know what to google. :takethat

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Found them!

Bob you helped... You call them a door panel, we call them door trim.

Truck and Car shop stocks them!

Attachments

• Found It.jpg
    Found It.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 49

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
You may find the replacements are quite brittle and shame on you if you want to take the door panel off again. I had new ones and they were a b!tch. I went back to the original ones and it was fine.

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Most of the original ones had already broken and were just part of the dust in the bottom of the door.

The others just fell apart as soon as you touched them. :doh

Trust me, I don't want to be taking my door panel off very often. But the doors were totally stripped to get bead blasted.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
door panel retainer clips

Here is a link to the new parts for the door panel retainer (plastic retainers)

http://www.lategreatchevy.com/catalogsearch/result/?search_year=1962&q=door+panel+retainer&x=41&y=12

I agree that the new ones are hard to use. What I have done is drill out the new ones with a drill the same size as the nails in the door panels(so they will push in like the used one easier). I have used the old ones but they can be brittle and break trying to push the nails into them, or even when trying to remove them from the doors. Its hard to save lots off good ones, my supply has come off of many used doors.

You need to make sure the used ones are in good shape, since you do not want to have them break since the new door panels can sometimes not fit good and the nails in the panels can be broken off. In other words do not remove and replace the new panels lots of times, nails can break off which can ruin the fit of the door panels, depending on how many are broken. The new or old plasitic retainers should be installed with a rubber hammer.

Paul Stensland