Pate Swap Meet-Ft. Worth, Tex

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Missed ya wrench........ Found Wayne ( w head ) Roger ( RogersImpala ) Rick ( Ricks62) Rusty Everitt, Steve ( Knappy) and Doug ( Woof Motors ) . Bright red sunburn and many blisters on the feets. Wayne passed out beer all afternoon, thanks Wayne. Many good times and lots of laughs. Cant wait to do it again next year. There may be someone who will tell story of how I lost a 3,600 lb El Camino in the parking lot. Just ignore the story, I don't care to hear about it. One of Doug's crew took a picture of the forum guys and will try to post early next week. Rusty and Steve left a little early , so their handsome faces will not be in the picture. I asked the guys where they were gonna party Friday night and they all replied at the same time, " This is the party!!!" Then something about going to bed at 9:30 pm. In all seriousness, I am proud to associated with this forum. Making and meeting friends that I would have never known , had it not been for this site. Hope you guys attending swap meets around the country have half the fun we did today.

Rusty Everitt

Supporting Member 1
Ronnie, Wayne, Roger, Rick, Steve and Doug....the pleasure was all mine.:cheers I wish I could have stayed longer but the thought of walking home was terrifing. Hopefully there will be something before another year lapses. Again, great meeting you guys in person.

Rusty

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
swap meet

It was really great meeting all you guys, had a great time. Ronnie, searching and walking about a mile or so carrying two wheels and an engine stand looking for your truck, well we need to walk off some of that beer anyway.:beerbang

Thanks guys, it was fun!!:clap

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

PS. This afternoon or tomorrow, I will post a short story about a fella we had the pleasure to meet from Sweden, very interesting.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Pictured from left to right.... 1. Rick ( Rick62SS ) 2. Charles ( Doug's buddy ) 3. Wayne ( W Head ) 4. sunburned fat guy 5. Roger ( rogersimpala ) 6. Doug ( Woof Motors ) Attending but not pictured...... Rusty Everitt, Steve ( knappy ) and Ron ( rh4414) The guy from Sweden was really interesting. Looking forward to hearing what else Wayne was able to learn.

Attachments

• IM000436 (1).jpg
    IM000436 (1).jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 46

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
Phil
like they said YOU BOUGHT EVERYTHING:roll :roll
all that was bought was a set of 409 exhaust manifolds
rick bought them:deal :deal
found a set of 690 but $ 2500.00 for blank heads was to rich for our blood:cuss
Ran in to delmer mcafee
He said Hello wayne bought some trim from him
Really enjoyed meeting everyone
Ronnie you should have heard some of the information from the sweed
He was a pretty interesting guy He stayed and had supper and drinks with us:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers
all and all pretty enjoyable trip
roger

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Guy from Sweden

This guy from Sweden was very interesting. Never met a person from another country that knew so much about older American cars. He had been in this country on a three month visa and I think he said he had driven 28000 miles since Feb. People in Sweden buy older or classic American cars and he rounds them up from all over the USA, stores them in a warehouse in Houston, puts them in metal shipping containers, gets all the paper work through customs, meets the ships in Sweden and gets the autos to his customers. Since 9-11, he said customs is a really big hassell. He is over here several times a year. His business is good now because I think he said seven of their dollars = 10 of ours. So a lot of our classics are going across the water. He has a 59 Chevy 348. His special is Chevrolets going overseas. He had two Chevys on his car hauler headed for Houston. He stayed with us about 5-6-7 hours, started drinking beer, about 5:00 it turned to whiskey and 7-up. Boy he could put it away. He stayed for dinner and I was talking about looking for the two small paint divers that runs from the top of the fin crome to the bottom of the rear window on a 59 Chevy two tone car and how hard it was to find and when you did find them they were going for about $250.00. He said "oh I have two in my truck, fix me another drink and you can have them. (and it was Roger's whisky) Found them in No. Dakota". Made my Year!!! He was something else. (ROGER IF I LEFT OUT ANYTHING,JUMP IN) He drives only American older cars at home, no Toyotas.

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2-4s

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
He also owns a unmolsted 61 ss
green org. paint
said he bought it from some guy hear in the us and shipped it to sweded
said he ws going to bring it back to the us
guess thats it
wayne save his add. from the check
I cashed mine and forgot to get athe add.
roger

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Sounds like the guys I sold my Nomad to. They were from Sweden and live here in Mesa part of the year. I wonder if my Nomad went to Sweden?:dunno

blumun53

Well Known Member
That's the same guy who came to my place to buy a 64 T-Bird, but didn't buy it that day. 2 days after I sold the car to a man from McKinney, TX, the Swede called saying he wanted it. He was driving a BMW, rented I'm sure. :cool:

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Swedes

That's the same guy who came to my place to buy a 64 T-Bird, but didn't buy it that day. 2 days after I sold the car to a man from McKinney, TX, the Swede called saying he wanted it. He was driving a BMW, rented I'm sure. :cool:

May not be, there were four other Swedes there, three guys and a woman and they were all buying. One nothing but Dodge and Ply. parts. One bought a set of hemi heads from us. The guy who stayed with us would not have anything to do with the others, said they were competitors.

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s