Pics of my '71 GTO

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi everyone. Hope no one minds, but I'm going to post a few pics of my '71 GTO. I have mentioned it previously here in a few threads. It's about 99% done. I'm still working on the low vacuum/power brake issue and trying to reconstruct the factory air. It's come a long ways from when I bought it. Honeycomb wheels, red line tires, eyebrow stripes, deck lid spoiler and changed the interior from black to jade green, which it had been from the factory. A bunch of little odds and ends. I was never fond of the color-Tropical Lime Green- but it's starting to grow on me. Motor and trans. are matching numbers. A body off frame resto is what sold me on it. Thanks for looking, Carmine

GTO 7.13 1.JPG GTO 7.13 2.JPG GTO 7.13 3.JPG GTO 7.13 4.JPG GTO 7.13 5.JPG

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
OK. Thanks Bob. Should have thought of that myself. Grass; what grass?? I hate mowing and weed whacking. Just don't want to do it anymore. Rather play with the toys. Thinking about buying some sheep and taking care of that issue :laughing:laughing. Thanks everyone for looking and the nice comments, Carmine.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very nice. You never answered a question from the Pontiac site. Wondering why you bought bias redlines instead of radial redlines?

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Very nice. You never answered a question from the Pontiac site. Wondering why you bought bias redlines instead of radial redlines?

I thought I did Mike. I went with the bias tires because I think the ride is nicer. A little softer. The redlines were also very prominent. I like the overall looks of the G70x14 tire. I know you can't beat a radial for handling purposes, but I don't think that will be an issue. No plans on any high speed stuff or craziness in the turns. On occasion, I do plan on taking it to the drags, Carmine.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks. They look very good. I changed my wide whites from radials to bias and there is no noticeable difference, and they do feel like a softer ride. There is a very, very slight high speed tracking (70mph) but keep in mind that the suspension on a 1953 Ford sucks no matter what. I would think that maybe it would be a little more noticeable on the better A body suspension.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks again. Yes, I like the front end myself. I call it aggressive looking. My favorite GTO years would be the '65-'67; the stacked headlight years. Owned 1 '66 and 2 67's. Thought it was time for a change, Carmine.