Pictures of 64 headlight buckets and screw size for rings

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Looks like retainer ring screw have a head for countersunk hole? I know the outer rings do. Seems a flat head would work. Maybe a 1/4-1/2" long?

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
You will find all kind of screws used as everyone lost or dropped the right screws when replacing bulbs, I have even seen drywall screws used. The correct screws are a 8-32 (#8 screw 32 threads per inch) machine thread screw.

Last edited:

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Thanks those are easy enough to find even in SS at the hardware store. Bezel screws look #8 and sheetmetal pitch from the pictures. Maybe 1/2-3/4" ?

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks those are easy enough to find even in SS at the hardware store. Bezel screws look #8 and sheetmetal pitch from the pictures. Maybe 1/2-3/4" ?
Are you talking about the headlight trim (headlight doors), if so yes they are countersunk phillips head chrome screws and I believe they are #8 about 3/4" to 1" in length. If someone has driven sheetmetal screws into your headlight buckets where the SS headlamp retainer ring screws go, run a 8-32 tap into them if the hole is not hogged out to big.

Last edited: