Pictures of Don's 62 Impala. ( Don from Portland, Mi.)

Don Carvill

Well Known Member
Wow! all of my assumptions are completely wrong. Is the earth still flat? Just kidding.
I will have to crawl under and take a picture of the pan.
Thanks a lot for your patience. If I answered this many wrong assumptions for a rookie in my trade I would have certainly picked on him at least once or twice. You are being too nice.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
All aluminum,as well as most cast iron Powerglides had both a vacuum modulator and a kick down linkage on them.The only transmissions that didn't were the Torque glides .even the th400's.

Don Carvill

Well Known Member
I couldn't wait for the week end. It looks like the pan from a PG. I also took a picture of the vin. It reads- 21847A205231 I did not get a picture of the tag on the cowl. That will come later. Thanks for the info and help!

Attachments

• P5080020.JPG
    P5080020.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 29
  • P5080016.JPG
    P5080016.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 30

Don Carvill

Well Known Member
Yup. I was kinda hoping to get lucky and have a turbo 350 already swapped in. I wish they had swapped the trans and not the motor.

Don Carvill

Well Known Member
I tried to give away the cast iron powerglide from the Corvair. Even the Corvair guys didn't want it. Can I assume it is the same with this powerglide?

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Some of the Junior Stock racers may want it if they lived close by and didn't have to pay shipping.

Don Carvill

Well Known Member
It will be a little while, as long as it works I will be doing the body before I swap the transmission. I am sure I will be swapping the motor in the future. I know where there is a 327. The 305 runs very well to move the car around though. But they will both be available if my plan goes well.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
My 63 four door had a six cylinder with an air cooled powerglide. I still have the vented dust shield.

Don Carvill

Well Known Member
Did you like the powerglide? I have never driven this car more than 5 miles an hour while pulling it in and out of the barn.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I had a 63 SS 250 HP 327 P/G, I Like the way the car drove. It was no race car by any stretch of the imagination, but it was a great cruiser.

wristpin

Well Known Member
It should drive just fine with that cast PG. Enjoy driving what you have and plan on a trans swap with your later engine swap.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I drove my '62SS car around for five years with a 283 two barrel and a PG, it was just fine :).

I kept all that original stuff but now have a transplanted 409 with a four speed in her :).

You might consider the same!

Cheers! TomK

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I have had to many full size and mid size (Chevelles) Chevys with powerglides in them to count, I found them great to drive and very dependable.