Pictures

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
hmmmmmmmm.........let's see what I can use for rod nuts.............hmmmmmmm

nuts-bolts-box-assorted-50519055.jpg

iaco59

Well Known Member
I'm really p---ed at this but I dont think I can do anything about it. I would not of believe that a friend would stick it to me.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
After a lot of thought about this mishap, I truly believe your friend meant well and wouldn’t have done this intentionally. I’m not an engine builder and the few times i tried I failed. Give me a long block and i can take it from there. It’s gonna get better cause it can’t get any worse! If Ronnie Russell was still with us he would have already PMed you to send the motor to him.”Good Luck”

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'm not sure those are really castle nuts. There is a type of locknut (split beam or flex lock?) that is made like that also, might have even been on rods in some types of engines. I'd never even think about stuff like that, but who knows???

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
At one point, I think they were for model T's, maybe used on others, Pioneer did sell split connecting rod bolts that looked like those used.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Like Dave said these nuts are a type of locking nut, the slots were cut then that area was pinched so as to fit the threads tighter, I guess not the hot ticket for rod bolts :scratch