Pin Striping...redo!

El Rat

Well Known Member
Hi gents...
I thought I would post a pic of plain brown 409. I'm not very creative, artistically speaking so coming up with color combinations is not my thing. Maybe that's why all my race cars have been solid colors! Regardless I would like ya'll's input as to pin striping colors, Thanks gene

2ef1c494cb_355[1].jpg 7d6e3a5b17_355[1].jpg 7d6e3a5b17_355[1].jpg 1963-409-biscayne-1.jpg

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I'd be looking for a contrasting color. Maybe an orange or yellow, Carmine.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
All up to personal taste.
I like subtle changes like if the car was dark blue i would use a lighter blue not a total contrast just enough to catch the eye and invite investigation

On your colour (NZ spelling):D of car i might tend to go toward the brown or orange as pervious mentioned or go to a gold in a lighter shade

Not White or Black

Just my opinion

Steve

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
That 63, IS AWESOME.:love Kinda, looks like Anniversary Gold. You are right, 55. It needs Nothing.:appl

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
What type or should I say style of pin striping are you thinking?
Just a front to back or accent?

El Rat

Well Known Member
I was thinking front to back with slight accenting. Maybe gold or maybe I just leave it alone! I'm always screwing with things...

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
If you have a good color, or complementary color interior..... pick up one of those colors to pull the car together ( Subtle and simple ) "if "....you have to
........... That's a nice looking ride