playing with fuel lines

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Trying to get a fuel line structure that looks good and clean. I came up with this. Specter brand banjo fittings $10.99 ea. and a compression fitting $2.98 and a bendable fuel line .375" $4.00. Hose clamp and rubber hose $5.00. Hope it doesn't leak.

Attachments

• JamCam225.jpg
    JamCam225.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 117
  • JamCam226.jpg
    JamCam226.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 96

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Models916,
Sure looks good, but I have one question.
With the line so close to the block, wouldn't you have a heat problem with the fuel line?
The stock fuel line on my 409 is about 2 to 3 inches off the block from the fuel pump to the crab.

Dave

gearhead409

Well Known Member
Models

your fittings and tubing look good but you need to get rid of the rubber hose and clamps on the high pressure side of the fuel pump. could be a safety problem later on.

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Models916
I really like the way it looks, however I'm a little worried about using compression fittings. I had a compression fitting on fuel line to the pressure regulator on my 66 and it would leak every so often. This was on an aluminum 1/2 fuel line. I'd sure hate to see that beauty all sooty.:cry
Ray

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
might have to make changes

Steel line with brass compression, rubber FI line and clamp on an 8 psi pressure should not me a problem with leaking. Steel with brass on a plumbing line with water at 60 psi is not a problem. Lock tight on the threads won't work loose. Close to the head and manifold, may have to raise it up a little or insulate lower part. Thanks for the imput. Things to watch out for that I didn't think about. Sometimes you just need an outside look at things.