Politics at its worse

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
There is a former bridge called the Tappan Zee, that is part of the NYS Thruway and connects Rockland and Westchester Counties. It is built over the Hudson River and probably about 1.25-1.5 miles long. It sees a lot of traffic going to Westchester and NYC. I'm not sure how old it is. Anyway, a while back it was decided to replace this aging bridge with a new one. Not necessarily a bad idea. The cost was 4 billion dollars. The southbound span is completed and beautiful. The northbound span will be done soon. So, there came a time when there had to be a decision on what to call this new bridge. I could feel the answer in my bones. Our democratic governor Andrew Cuomo had one of his minions suggest that it be called the Mario Cuomo Memorial Bridge. WTF. Yup. That's what they did alright. Mario Cuomo was governor here in NY for 12 years. That's 144 months. What did he do that he deserves to have this bridge named after him?? Did he free enslaved people? Nope. Did he lead us through a world war?? Nope. Did he discover a cure for cancer?? No again. I admittedly take an afternoon nap, but I certainly didn't sleep through is entire tenure. I can't recall anything remarkable that he did in those 144 months to deserve this honor. This totally disgust me. Why not name the bridge after a war hero or veterans group. But this?? What's next?? Maybe a carving at Mt. Rushmore?? There must be plenty of stone left out there. Maybe I'm getting old and cranky, maybe it's just me, but why do the Clintons, Kennedys and Cuomo's, all feel this right of passage to a high political position and recognition?? Like it's their destiny. Their entitlement. This sickens more then the bridge naming. If we never have another one of them in office, it would be fine with me. I also sent a letter to the editor of our local newspaper, detesting this bridge nonsense, but it wasn't printed. No surprises there from this left wing, biased liberal rag. Funny thing, they jump all over Trump, but you can't say anything about the democrats. So, there you have it from upstate NY on a Thursday night. I'm watching Jeopardy. Trying to win some money to get to CA, but it isn't going so well LOL, Carmine.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Why do the Clintons, Kennedys and Cuomo's, all feel this right of passage to a high political position and recognition??

Very simple; They are self righteous individuals who feel they are superior to everyone else and have the support of about 50% of the American population. These supporters are the same people who say everyone is equal, yet believe in Royalty. Ever notice that some Americans cannot get enough of the British Royalty :dunno They keep trying to make Kennedy a God, and Camelot their kingdom. :barf1 They need to believe in these people because they have no true sense of self worth and accomplishment. It's much easier to look to their false Gods than to face their own miserable lives.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Why do the Clintons, Kennedys and Cuomo's, all feel this right of passage to a high political position and recognition??

Very simple; They are self righteous individuals who feel they are superior to everyone else and have the support of about 50% of the American population. These supporters are the same people who say everyone is equal, yet believe in Royalty. Ever notice that some Americans cannot get enough of the British Royalty :dunno They keep trying to make Kennedy a God, and Camelot their kingdom. :barf1 They need to believe in these people because they have no true sense of self worth and accomplishment. It's much easier to look to their false Gods than to face their own miserable lives.

Careful talking about British Royalty, there's a lot of loonies from the northeast (USA) that are really into that garbage.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I agree Mike. However that is just my opinion. And they are entitled to their opinions also. The difference between some of us, and some of them? Most of us don't go around filled with such hate, violence, racism, and general distain against people with a differing opinion. Most of us don't let it consumes our lives and think it allows us to violate the laws of this country just because we don't agree with it. So yea, screw the British Royalty.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10

Gods chosen people. Destined to lead. The right of passage. Ask them. They'll tell you. What a bunch of crapola.

As for the British Royalty, I am so tired of hearing about this Royal wedding coming up. The Queen has to be so pissed at her grandson Prince Harry for his choice in brides, but she'll never admit it. Here we have a non English person who has already been married and divorced once, and is of mixed race who recently was baptized. Oh boy. Stay tuned to this one. And the wedding itself, did I read that it will cost 41 million dollars?? London, England per capita, is one of the poorest cities in Europe, and yet they can fund this extravaganza?? Don't mean to offend any of our English members, I believe I am also 25% English, but in my opinion only, this monarchy nonsense should have died a slow death years and years ago. Probably after the American Revolution. The House of Windsor has no authority. No power. Nothing which would cause them to deserve the amount of money they receive from England every year. They don't kiss babies or go to ribbon cutting ceremonies. Very expensive figureheads. And the Brits play into it. The nicest thing since ice cream to them. Guess they want to have bragging rights of some sort. Just not for me, Carmine.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
When Mario Cuomo, was Governor, he Taxed EVERYTHING.:doh Carmine, you forgot, another political Tyrant. Nelson Rockefeller.:pan In the early sixties, He envisioned building the Empire State Plaza, named after him. At the time Erastus Corning, was mayor of Albany. He took Rockefeller to court, to stop this from happening. Corning lost. As a result 9,000 people, including, Churches and Businesses, were all forced, out of their homes.:cry1WMHT, had a TV Special called "The Neighborhood That Disappeared". 2014. Very sad time, for many people.:pout

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I know Mario Cuomo was very, very liberal. I just don't know what he did in those 144 months to deserve this?? Anyone can give away someone else's money through taxes, but he produced nothing to show for it, except more taxes. His son is just as bad. One of his staff who Cuomo states is like a brother to him, was just convicted for corruption. Apparently, this guy took some money and a big business gave his wife an almost no show job for big dollars, all for the governors influence in securing certain permits. They couldn't link him directly yet, but I don't think it is over. Cuomo dropped this convicted felon like a used condom, Carmine.

Junkman 104

Well Seasoned Member
1baf7233f08ab3c2cc400b6d5375a78110b3b4c9a02148d1d21e38023d5cd100.jpg

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Carmine, what do you know about dropping used condoms, you been picking up hookers again?
Hey Mike, I was 18 once and remember those days quite well. We'd ask the older guys to buy them for us, but then they would want the name of the girl we hoped to use them with. Sometimes, it didn't work out so well, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Around here, having something named after you, is like winning the lottery. Some really big ego's out there. Speaking of Ted Kennedy, there is a movie coming out this Friday in my area. Might be nationwide. I don't know. It's called Chappaquiddick. It's about that episode with Ted Kennedy, Martha's Vineyard and when he drove off that bridge into the drink and let Mary Joe Kopeckne (SP) drown. I was there about 30 years ago. Saw the bridge and the same spot he went over. Even took a piece of the wooden bridge. Took an interest in what happened there, and upon returning home, bought and read the book "Senatorial Privilege". Only wish I had read the book first. More to see and explore. In my opinion, this guy got away with a manslaughter charge. He left that poor girl to die. There was a house close by, and I saw it, he could have gone to for help, but didn't. Guess that's one of the benefits in having money, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The film is nation wide Carmine. I was amazed that in the promo they called it a cover up. WOW, someone is finally calling out the kennedys. Of course they waited till they are gone the cowards.
From what I read and saw myself, I totally agree. It was a coverup. Ted Kennedy got a love tap on the hand. Some type of minor, minor charge in comparison to what you and I would have received. I think they were afraid of doing what they should have, so they threw him a bone. That Kennedy family sure has been plagued with tragedies. Karma?? Not sure, but they do take innocent people with them. I don't want any part of that Camelot nonsense, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I remember it too, Don, and didn't really pay much attention to it. I was just a teenager. Had other things (girls) on my mind. I'm going to try and see it this weekend. From reading a book and seeing the site myself, I want to see how it compares. Speaking of prices, in my area, a single ticket is about $10-$12. You can go to a 1932 refurbished movie theater, beautifully done over with a prelude of organ music, for a senior citizens price of $6. I usually wait until a particular movie comes there. What are ticket prices in everyone's area if you happen to go??