IA Poll Iowa Tri-State Race 2024

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Not sure how everyone liked the race last year but am working to improve things for this year if there is interest to hold it again. Make your voices heard. The 3 Fangman Brothers really impressed me with how eager they were to please. They did everything they said they would and usually stopped by after every pass to see how things were going. Nice to see young guys in their early 30's operating in this manner. Clean rest rooms, good food, great track, well run, IMO

I haven't spoke to the track guys yet, but the dates look like October 5th and 6th 2024. Like last year 348-409 race on Saturday and race for a Wally on Sunday. The Oak Street Kuenster's won a Wally with a $25 El Camino 409 powered....how hard could it be????? :flag :flag :drive :drive Way to go Jerry :good

Four classes to enter on Sunday...box/no box. Last year there wasn't much interest in the Sunday race. Scott and Bryan entered and got "round money" back. We paid $60 to enter Saturday and the track gave us back 80% of our entry fee. There was a $45 T&T to get in also which they would prorate if you only did part of the day.

On Saturday they had a Gamblers Race, but it was back-to-back with our runs. So, no one was interested with no cool down. . I would try to get the track to give us some cool down time if there is interest in people getting into the Gamblers Race on Saturday,

This poll is to see about interest in entering:

1. Gamblers Race on Saturday if we are given cool down time.

2. Entering the race for a Wally on Sunday.

I understand this date is a long way off, but I'm looking for some ideas.

Or do nothing if there is not enough interest to hold the race again.

Please reply to this poll by April 4.

Later

Dave

the CRUSHER

Last edited:

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I’m planning to make it again this year, always a great time with my 409 buddies. Might do Saturdays gamblers race if I go out early in our 409 shootout. Probably do Sundays race if car and driver is healthy , and the entry fee isn’t to costly, Also, does Sunday race have a payout, or just run for trophy? Inquiring minds want to know. Appreciate your work to set this race up Dave.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Thanks for the reply, Dave. Those are the kind of answers I was looking for. I believe Sunday's race was $125 last year, and 100% payback to racers. Also they pay round money as Scott and Bryan got money back I believe. I'll be posting all that info once this poll is over and I speak with Alex at the track. :good

Last edited: