Portable Car Jacks!

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey hey boys!

Anyone have any experience with a QuickJack? We dont have tall ceilings, our living room is directly above our garage, but desperate to find a faster way of getting our projects up in the air. It takes like 20 min to do it the old fashion way, jack the front, put the stands under the front, go to the back, put the stands under the back, go back to the front, raise it, go back to the back, raise it etc.... ( If it were me, wed cut a hole in the living room floor and see the cars but mama says no, ha!)

Looking at the pics, it seems like they built the new jack for a 62 impala!

https://www.quickjack.com/

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

bobs409

Administrator
I'm seriously considering those Quick jacks! The past 2 days, I did 2 oil changes outside laying on the driveway after dragging out 2 floor jacks. (I thought to myself that I have a $3,000 dollar 4 post car lift but here I am laying on cardboard!) :D Problem with the 4 post lift is you have to move at least 2 cars to use it! I don't like starting cars up just for short runs. (my lift is primarily used for storage, it makes my 2 car garage into a 3 techically)

What I like most about these quick jacks is I could use them in the bays of my garages that have no lift/headroom or right out on the blacktop driveway for oil changes, tire changes/rotation, brake work, etc. I'm practically ready to pull the trigger. :D

That link for Costco above is the cheapest I've found but you have to be a member. You either pay a $55 surcharge or buy a yearly membership for $60. (no brainer)

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thanks for posting guys!

I looked to at the max jax too and thought that would be perfect, but watched a video and the big drawback, it makes you install it directly to your foundation with 4" lags.

The quickjack one seemed to be a good compromise, lifts a lot of weight, up to 7k, and has a motorcycle lift plate adapter, so we can put a bike on or 4-wheelers....

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
You still have to lay on your back with those, doesn't lift high enough to stand? 21":rubSome guys bellys are bigger then 21":doh

HA!

I know its a tough decision, but for us its our only option. Its hard to trust people to touch and work on our baby, even a simple oil change. I hear so many stories about bad things happening by incompetence. Their just not invested in our cars like us... So, regular maintenance is all on us.. Knowing that, im trying to get rid of the dread of the 30 min jacking process. We use the kind of jack stands that have the "crab hands" end. What I hate is they scratch the frame paint even with heavy tape and dent the frame rail too. So, it leads to delays and shortcuts just kinda sucks.

Bob, thanks for the costo lead!! Quickjack does have a bunch of different models with that new BL6000 having the widest wheelbase. I think thats the way to go so you remove mode of the front and back from hanging over. Says 66in and that seems to line up with the mount points. I'll call them today when they open and let you know what i find out.

Going to ask if their shipping that model yet, any sales coming, or military and other discounts aaa, etc... I'll post back.

bobs409

Administrator
Its hard to trust people to touch and work on our baby, even a simple oil change. I hear so many stories about bad things happening by incompetence.

NOBODY drives my cars!!! Let some young fool go for a ride with my cars unattended??? :roll Not happening. :laugh4

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Ok, called quickjack and found out the following.

Discounts are as follows and cannot be added together and if a few people here wanted one, we cannot bundle, i tried :>).

Also, no discounts can be bundled together....

They do offer a $50 veteran discount
They have a sale $100 off going on thats called "Holiday Steal Deal"
They do NOT offer Sr Citizen discounts...

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It has free shipping at the places I looked at. I think Summit wanted a lot more too, maybe $1,300+?
Call Summit directly and let them know where you've found it cheaper. They won't do a price match on a member's only price, but typically what is shown through the Costco web site is the non member price. I've called them directly a couple of times for a price match or other questions. Knock on simulated wood grain, no idiots yet on their part. Very knowledgeable folks. Even when they didn't tell me what I wanted to hear, they could explain it without being demeaning.

bobs409

Administrator
Call Summit directly and let them know where you've found it cheaper. They won't do a price match on a member's only price, but typically what is shown through the Costco web site is the non member price. I've called them directly a couple of times for a price match or other questions. Knock on simulated wood grain, no idiots yet on their part. Very knowledgeable folks. Even when they didn't tell me what I wanted to hear, they could explain it without being demeaning.

That's a great idea! I'd rather deal with them. If I decide to buy, I'll give that a try!