Portland Swap Meet

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Myself and three of my buddies spent this last weekend at the Portland Swap Meet. We moved in on Wednesday at PIR and camped there until Saturday afternoon. We sold a bunch of stuff, laughed a lot and had a blast. The first time I attended this swap meet was 1976 and have only missed it a couple of times the last thirty three years. There was only a few 348/409 parts there. On Saturday on my way out of the swap meet a reporter from the Oregonian stopped me and asked a few questions. My two buddies Tracy and Terry are in the background. Here is the link to his caption in the Oregonian....Dan

http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2009/04/annual_portland_swap_meet_1.html

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Dan; I don't think anyone will question, your love for Chevy's.:bow :clap Nice sign.:clap Does it light up?:dunno

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Hey Dan, I was at the Expo area Saturday but never made it down to PIR. I heard there was a 409 engine at PIR for $10K which I thought was a little steep.:doh What was that guy thinking. In the Expo hall there was a fresh short block, .060 over, with 583 heads for $6500.00, still too much for me.

I usually run into DQ out there but did not see him. Rich K. usually has a booth there but he wasn't there either. I did get an oil priming distributor shaft for $20 that I was really needing. I freshened the engine over the winter and haven't fired it yet so the shaft will come in handy.

Paul

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dan; I don't think anyone will question, your love for Chevy's.:bow :clap Nice sign.:clap Does it light up?:dunno

Skip, It will when I am done with it....:brow

Hey Dan, I was at the Expo area Saturday but never made it down to PIR. I heard there was a 409 engine at PIR for $10K which I thought was a little steep.:doh What was that guy thinking. In the Expo hall there was a fresh short block, .060 over, with 583 heads for $6500.00, still too much for me.

I usually run into DQ out there but did not see him. Rich K. usually has a booth there but he wasn't there either. I did get an oil priming distributor shaft for $20 that I was really needing. I freshened the engine over the winter and haven't fired it yet so the shaft will come in handy.

Paul

Paul, The 409 at the race track was just a few stalls down from us. He had it there two yeas ago for the same price. It's a standard bore truck block with one 583 head and one 690. 881 intake. Don't know what rotating assembly. Over priced in my opinion.

Dan: Is your wife going to let you hang that great sign on top of your house??

Mick

Mick, That sign is going on my barn and, yes the wife thinks it will be great.