Portland Swap meet?

63z11

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Anyone a regular vender at the portland swap meet? Looking to get in thursday, would be willing to purchase a pass if someone has an extra. Thanks

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I would love to go but with my current adventure that went something like this
"1200.00 EACH! Holy ****! I could buy a complete EFI tunnel ram and a front coil over setup!" As overheard at the hearing and balance doctors office.

The Firebird one here sucked even worse than the years before! Same crap same vendors just higher prices! And the pleasure of being snowed on!

Next year though I hope to take a week off and join in on the fun.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Anyone a regular vender at the portland swap meet? Looking to get in thursday, would be willing to purchase a pass if someone has an extra. Thanks

We are regulars since 1975. It is now two swap meets with the PIR swap meet move in on Wednesday 04/07/10 and opens to the public Thursday 04/08/10. The Expo swap meet move in is on Thursday 04/08/10 and open to the public on Friday 04/09/10 and runs through Sunday.

We will be camped out on the PIR race track with 2-booths 417 & 418. PM me and I will give you my cell. Stop by and say hello. Dan

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We are regulars since 1975.

We will be camped out on the PIR race track with 2-booths 417 & 418. PM me and I will give you my cell. Stop by and say hello. Dan

WHOLY CRAP !! I just spent the day out there!!:bang

I guess I should visit here more often,,,:?

Dan Hunt

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I was there too,bought a 421 bellhousing for '63 only.The next two days I'll spend at the other swap meet.
Great time I go every year.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just got back from the Portland Swap Meet. Another great adventure. We are always in the same place 4117 4118 in the pits a PIR.

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
OK you guys........... you let me down. A guy dropped off a real nice looking 656 truck block at the machine shop today.......... he want's it built into a stroker....... and he bought it at the Portland Swap Meet ??!!! :crazy:crazy

With all you 409 guys there how does a complete stranger end up with a nice block like that ????:dunno:dunno:dunno

:roll:roll:roll:roll
Dave

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
OK you guys........... you let me down. A guy dropped off a real nice looking 656 truck block at the machine shop today.......... he want's it built into a stroker....... and he bought it at the Portland Swap Meet ??!!! :crazy:crazy

With all you 409 guys there how does a complete stranger end up with a nice block like that ????:dunno:dunno:dunno

:roll:roll:roll
Dave

Either it was pure luck or he had deep pockets.....:roll:roll

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
stahl 409 headers

Hi Folks,

I found a set of split stahl 409 headers. I know I would need too cut out the fender well to make these work on the 62.

My question is and I don't know if I spelled stahle correctly he's asking 400.00 for the set. Is this a good buy?

Thanks Ted

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Folks,

I found a set of split stahl 409 headers. I know I would need too cut out the fender well to make these work on the 62.

My question is and I don't know if I spelled stahle correctly he's asking 400.00 for the set. Is this a good buy?

Thanks Ted

Yes, $400.00 for a set of Stahl Headers is a good deal. They are 1100.00 new. One thing to remember though is that they exit straight back.

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian and Models16

Brain and Models16,

Thanks for the update on the value of the stahl 409 headers.

Thanks Ted