Position of 409 emblem

Brad Karst

Does the 409 emblem go above the flag emblem or below the flag emblem on a 63 Impala SS (front quarter panel)?

My car has it below the flag - but someone pointed out that it should be above. The car is being repainted and now is the time to reposition it if necessary.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 409 flag.jpg
    409 flag.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 241

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
emblem

The 409 Emblem should be ABOVE the crossed flags on a 63.

Fred

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
What about the '62?

Would that also apply to a 1962?

BTW, while staying the past 3 weeks in beautiful Chapel Hill, North Carloina, I ran into a young fella (26) who had a restored 1962 SS (he had cloned the trim, believe it was an original Impala). The neat thing about it was that he had slipped in a 454 and a four speed. Now I need to get him to give me a ride so I can get an "alternative" BBC "fix"....

Cheers,
Tom

Brad Karst

Im not certain about the 62 position but we found the original holes on the 63 and can confirm that the 409 was on the top in 63. Thanks everyone. Brad

jimss409

The 409 goes BELOW the flags on a '62.

The photo in the first post shows the 409 with a space between it and the top of the flags. Below is a diagram depicting the correct 1963 hole locations for the front fenders which places the 409 actually next to (almost resting on top of) the flags.
FenderEmblems.JPG

Does anyone have a measurement or a drilling diagram/template for mounting holes for the crossed flags and 409 numbers?

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Can't help you on a 63 as I don't have the manual but the 63 Assembly Intruction Manual would have it.

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Are you looking for the '62 info? The '62 assembly manual has the drawing for drilling the fender holes for the flag emblem and numbers bar.

I am trying to open up amd printout the reference above (i.e[ IMG];
i.e.
The photo in the first post shows the 409 with a space between it and the top of the flags. Below is a diagram depicting the correct 1963 hole locations for the front fenders which places the 409 actually next to (almost resting on top of) the flags.
FenderEmblems.JPG

CAN ANY BODY HELP ME OR TELL ME ANOTHER SITE WHERE I CAN FIND THE HOLE LOCATIONS

REASON: I am trying to determine if there was a difference in the hole locations for the fender emblems in a 409 chevrolet versus a 327 chevrolet

(note: I do not have the factory assembly manual for any of the full size chevrolet car years that had the 409 engine option)

Please e mail me at: wllmkeogh@yahoo.com

Thanks

Bill keogh
tel 905-8712341