Possible 348/409 Meeting site 2009

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
09 get together at Osceola Dragway

We went to the website for Osceola and noticed they only schedule racing on Friday night and Sunday. We're concerned if there is going to be a program for us on Saturday since Sunday is a travel day for most of us to go home. Also is there track security for leaving trailers/cars if we stay in nearby hotels? What are their facilities (electricity, washrooms, showers, etc) at the track? What time would we be able to enter the track on Friday?
Shan, Maybe you could find out this info when you go to the banquet on the 17th.

Ronnie, we'd be interested in riding up with the Texas group.:cheers

Tony and Bonnie

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
2009 Event

Well guys I do have a little more info. Talked to the track manager and he sounded very receptive. At this time he is just starting to make out the 2009 schedule, that will done in a week or 10 days. At that time he will contact me with more info. I had mentioned that we would come in on Fri. for the tracks regular test and tune, have our program on Sat. and run in their bracket race on Sun. Also told him we were interested in Late July or the first part of Aug. I am trying to work around the IHRA, NHRA, Super Chevy and Goodguys programs. Hope to have more good news soon.:deal

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
if this it the date then thats pretty much leaves us out
:cry:cry:cry

thought it was going to be around 4-09

O well guess their is always next time

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Making Plans !!!

We are looking at the trip, would like to come if possible. According to google it's only (1750 miles) a one day + one hour trip, but they must be flying !!! :roll We made a trip out to Minneapolis a couple of years ago, so I kind of know the way.

Depending on the dates and gas prices, we will bring the BelAir or fly. We will continue to plan, let us know the dates ASAP. If would be really great to link up with some of the real knowledge on the site.

Bill

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Bring the vehicle!

Bill:

I hope to be there as well, will be driving assuming all is normal. I know a lot of us would love to see your '62, so we hope you are able to drive her. I bet once I see it I will want to drop everything and start on mine :). We can only dream!

If you come across I-70 (not sure of your route) I can offer you respite for the night.

Cheers,
TomK

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Bill:

I hope to be there as well, will be driving assuming all is normal. I know a lot of us would love to see your '62, so we hope you are able to drive her. I bet once I see it I will want to drop everything and start on mine :). We can only dream!

If you come across I-70 (not sure of your route) I can offer you respite for the night.

Cheers,
TomK
How 'bout us "east coasters" that will be going west on 70 me,Denny,MacKenzie,Steve & Carl,Paintjohn,Tom,Bob plus the all guys from N.J. & Long Island and Vermont. I hope you've got a big lot and house. oh, hold off on the breakfast grits for me:D:D:D

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
How 'bout us "east coasters" that will be going west on 70 me,Denny,MacKenzie,Steve & Carl,Paintjohn,Tom,Bob plus the all guys from N.J. & Long Island and Vermont. I hope you've got a big lot and house. oh, hold off on the breakfast grits for me:D:D:D

Party at Tom's. All invited!

Party.gif

:beerbang :beerbang:beerbang

Sorry buddy! Better send the wife to a nice spa or some place for the weekend.
:roll

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
The more the merrier!

Sure, I can put up a crowd if you want to sleep with a bunch of "W" parts :) :) :).

Now that the boys have grown up and finished college, Barb and I have plenty of room for guests :). Actually I've suggested turning one of the bedrooms into a "W" shrine, but she's got some sort of problem with that, not sure why. Maybe she's been down the basement and seen the mess there?

Here's a shot of the house from above. Can you spot the white '62 Belair?

Cheers!
TomK

Attachments

• 1275 Sunset from above.jpg
    1275 Sunset from above.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 115

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks !

Tom,

We are just in the initial planning phase right now, but we appreiciate your generous offer. Last time we went that way we went out I90 and came back on I80, but we wanted to see some sights on the way back.

Most likely would trailer the BelAir, just because Mamma doesn't do well with the heat. The BelAir doesn't see the trailer much, but for a long trip (3600 mi RT) that's probably the best bet. We have driven her for up to 300 mile trips to shows but not any real long road trips. Running with the hot temps in the afternoon heat still brings the motor temps up ? :dunno:scratch

Will keep everyone informed as we build our plans. Hope to see everyone there !

Bill