power brake to manual conversion

No409

Supporting Member 1
im having a brain fart right now. is there a plate that bolts to the firewall, or just take my booster off and bolt the m/c up. also rod in different hole on brake pedel, correct?

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Remove booster, bolt up master which must be a deep hole, 1" bore. If you have an original car should be same single pot master. You'll need a rod and clevis for the manual master.

I should ask first what year car since I just saw that 55?

No409

Supporting Member 1
cars a 63 already switched to a dual m/c, but with power brakes. was gonna remove them to make room in engine bay( mostly street/strip car) had to run a vaccum can with my old SBC in it. still 4 wheel drum.

55 i already did a dual conversion. all my 63s ive had have been power brake. I know on a G-body i did, there was a plate that went there when you removed the booster

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I removed booster on a 63 I had and bolted master cylinder up in place but I had to buy an adjustable brake rod and clevis which was like 12 bucks from Classic Industries and a new metal brake line from mc to the junction block and if I remember right you do use a different hole on brake pedal.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No plate on an Impala. Use 1" bore deep hole master, I prefer Corvette master. You'll want to use the hole directly in line with rod from master, which would be upper hole if you have 2 holes in pedal arm.