Powermaster alternators

bigjune62

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to get some info. I found a company that makes an alternator that looks and mounts like my original generator, but i'm having difficulty finding where to get one. I've gone to the website and either i'm not seeing it or it's not listed where to get one. any help would be appreciated.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Bigjune62,
Any good performance speed shop in your area should be able to order what you want from Powermaster. If not Summit has most of the PowerGen on their web site with next day shipping.
Ordered one right after they went on the market from a local speed shop in Detroit. Received mine about 3 weeks later, one of the first ones out the door. Will be installing it over the winter so I cann't say anything good or bad about yet.

Dave

bigjune62

thank you

thank you all for the info. i will order one from summit racing i've always had good luck with them. now to figure how to wire it up. i 'm not sure how to wire it with the regulator for the generator, i'd like to make it look as stock as possible and try to figure a way to wire it up so the idiot light will also work.

Thirdyfivepickup

Supporting Member 1
the last 3 Powergens I've ordered from Powermaster were on a healthy backorder. The one I am looking at now... was ordered on 11-20... still 3 weeks away.

Hopefully Summit will have what you need.

blumun53

Well Known Member
I made the change you're talking about on a customer's car a while back. It was a 58 Bel Air hardtop, and he brought the part with him, but no instructions. (Sure wish I'd had them instructions!) After the install, the gen light glowed. On a hunch, I installed a voltage regulator for a 67 Chev and the light went out. I had to do a little work to the regulator harness connector, but it worked excellent. Sometimes things just work out.:cool:
Oh, and something else...are all your wires in good shape and connected properly? Bad ground can make your life miserable...especially when the gen light won't go off!