Profit on shipping costs

Red 409 63 impala

Well Known Member
I have noticed that a few vendors seem to be making a few bucks on shipping. They charge the posted UPS charges and I must believe that they get the ship station prices for shipping.
Maybe it a small point, but vendors should try to keep costs down.

62BillT

Well Known Member
There has been a lot of complaints about that through the years. I usually thoroughly pre-check those charges before ordering. A new one I just discovered was Sales Tax charges. Although the vendor was great, it seems like I got charged CA Taxes instead of VA Taxes. Which were almost doubled.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That collecting sales tax for out of state buyers must be a nightmare for small businesses. They sure be able to keep a very small percentage of it to pay for being those states agent.

bobs409

Administrator
When I sold on ebay, they charged the sales tax based on where the buyer was from. They collected the tax and I *guess* turned all that money into the IRS.

I don't miss ebay or dealing with the buyers or the shipping company's! One day I will start selling again but it's only going to be on here to you guys.

63impaloligist

Well Known Member
Yeah I had a seller charge me shipping for 3 items and sent them in one box which was dirt cheap. I left a bad review saying that the seller is ripping people off on shipping. I really try to only but from people that offer free shipping unless I can say that shipping price will be cheaper than that it is with free shipping. And I try to shop around many more sites than I used to.

Reactions: 327