Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
index.php
:cheers
I LIKE....!

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Great pictures and looks like a VERY nice project you have going. One thing I do really like about this thread is you're pursuing your dream, it's taking a while but you are doing it the way YOU see it in your mind. I've also had car buddies or people at cruises/shows say I should have done something different or it's not the style now. It's your car and your dream and follow it thru to the end and don't worry about what others think.

Great job, keep at it and also keep posting those pictures. It's as much fun for me to see others fulfilling their dream as it is to be fulfilling mine. The short time I've been on this site there has already been a few members here that have helped me towards realizing another of my dreams and I bet they don't even know it. Great group here, can't beat car guys for stepping up and helping others.

Merry Christmas

Dennis
Again thank you for all the kind replys and encouragement,I too gain enthusiasm for my own project by following the work and photos of fellow members rides.thank you for letting me learn and to be a part of this fine group.and Merry Christmas

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks for the all the pictures and especially those of the Jardine's. Those are the exact ones I've been planning since I started my build. Did you buy them coated, or have them done after the fact?

There are only a couple of reasons to worry about what everyone thinks when building your car in my opinion. 1. The car is extra nice/original in which case it should be sold and those funds used to replace it and help fund the build. For example, I wouldn't start with a clean restored car and build a drag car out of it.....or tub a car with a documented racing history....when if you look around you can find a similar body to start with.

2. You are building it fully knowing that you plan on selling it down the road.

A lot of people wouldn't like my car, but I plan on it being mine until I die. When I'm gone.....I don't have to worry about what anyone thinks about it. I'd like to hope one of my children or future grandchildren will love it for what it is (or how I plan it to be) and keep that going.

Last edited:

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
The Jardine fenderwell headers are my favorite part that I've purchased for the build.the personality of the build wouldn't have been complete without them,to me it screams HOT ROD!!! I sold a set of brand new set of 2" stahl headers to a fellow member to get the Jardines.They are painted(by jerod)but eventually will be coated after all mods or any alterations are performed.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The big Stahls look so very similar to Hooker's "engine swap" 58-64 BBC headers. Wonder how hard it would be to convert a set now that Stahl has closed up? I know that is what D.S. used to do for the Obsolete Missile II.
That's just thinking out loud......I'm still set on the fenderwells for mine.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Photos of block after removing cast flash from valley drain back,and water jacket at pump....prior to taking to machine shop.....
IMAG0271_zpsf2ac58a3.jpg

entourageguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Car looks great. Any more pictures of the tko 600 install? I'm putting one in my 62 and wondered what shifter handle you are you using. Are you running a bench seat?

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That is the front half of a 63 SS console. I used to have one with the bench seat in the 62 two door sedan. Although not correct, it gave a more finished appearance I thought. The carbon fiber insert he added is a sweet touch.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I purchased a McLeod slick stick shifter that was supposed to be offset and back further than the stock tremec shifter.the application they sent was for a 69 camaro,which is why I also why I received the incorrect shift stick.but they did right by me and repaired said shifter.I believe it's supposed to have a 2" offset to the driver and a 1/2" to the rear.the reason for the aftermarket shifter is for a more nuetral "feel" to the shift pattern and to help with the 2nd to 3rd upshift problem(missed)

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks for the update Keith. I wish I had known/remembered about the 392 studs back when I was buying mine. They are slightly shorter than the 396/427/454 ones I used and just look better. Ronnie sure knows his stuff!
Of course no one can really tell from a picture, but those cylinder walls look pretty nice. Does it NEED to go .040" or is that just the planned over bore?

Great find on the fender. I often wonder how all these NOS parts still turn up. I know the stuff is out there, but it seems like after another 10 years or so of these cars being popular that the supply would dry up.

Last edited: