Props to a small vendor

lnirenberg

Supporting Member 1
The pretty looking billet alternator in my 70 Chevelle sh** the bed over the weekend and I didn't get around to pulling it until Tuesday night and found a cracked aluminum housing, a loose casing bolt and internals that had become externals. Given that this weekend is "supposed" to be the 1st sustained sunny weather in at least a month I was not a happy guy. Yesterday morning I lucked out as my local VIP parts store guy, who doesn't handle this type of item, recommended a little rebuild shop. Hidden away in a unidentified store front next to a transmission shop I got my 1st inklings of entering a time warp when I opened the door to shelves lined with hundreds of alternator, generator and starter cores. The little bell on the smudged glass door rang and out came the smiling bearded proprietor. Took a look gave me the low down and a worse case price but the best news was he told me I could pick it up this morning. It took him longer than he had expected to rebuild it as there was some unseen internal problems but he held his price when I picked it up this AM. Back in the car running like a champ. He is an electrical engineer by training and can fix just about anything autoelectric, is extremely pleasant and knowledgable and understand the concept of customer service. For whatever its worth, I highly recommend him--
http://teleignition.com/
Paul Irwin
781 899-6607