Question for the Harley Gurus.

wristpin

Well Known Member
None of my vehicles are stock. Majority of the population is content with what the get. I want what I want. If I have to do more to make that happen then I do. Life would be easier with a TV Guide and a maid. Easier isn't us or we wouldn't spend our money and time on any of these vehicles. The sedate and safe Volvo and Ellen are waiting for the ones who want safe and easy.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
You know I have not bought motorcycle parts in a long time......not sure if I like this or not.:dunno I have 270 bucks in tires for this bike now and still need to install them and I know that it should have fluids changed so that I have a starting point for future service. Then its all the add on and hop up that you know I won't be able to resist...then it will be more tires and then more service.:doh
I do have some project cars of my own and would sure like see them on the road and on the track.
I have a .030 over 400 small block that I started building and collecting parts for since 1986 or 87.
The engine has been bored ,honed ,decked with plugs in the deck ,4 bolt splayed caps and a balanced rotating assembly....but I think I will get another crank. Makes me think motorcycle moneys could get this one closer.

Guess I need to talk myself into liking the idea of riding again.

wristpin

Well Known Member
Didnt you say that you bought a riding jacket already and the color matches the bike and your eyes? Thats sure a shame to leave that jacket in the closet. Just one ride James. :chopper

wristpin

Well Known Member
Yeah it used to be like that. When i went on road trips id carry two sets of saddlebags. One had tools and spare parts.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Well I am going to give it the Ol boy scout try.
Hope this bike is up to par..and if so you may see me on the road.
If I get it done soon enough I could be bike week bound.:winner

Agent Blue

Well Known Member
You know I have not bought motorcycle parts in a long time......not sure if I like this or not.:dunno I have 270 bucks in tires for this bike now and still need to install them and I know that it should have fluids changed so that I have a starting point for future service. Then its all the add on and hop up that you know I won't be able to resist...then it will be more tires and then more service.:doh
I do have some project cars of my own and would sure like see them on the road and on the track.
I have a .030 over 400 small block that I started building and collecting parts for since 1986 or 87.
The engine has been bored ,honed ,decked with plugs in the deck ,4 bolt splayed caps and a balanced rotating assembly....but I think I will get another crank. Makes me think motorcycle moneys could get this one closer.

Guess I need to talk myself into liking the idea of riding again.

I am on the same page. Got the Honda out last fall. Started and let it run for a while to warm up. Never left the garage the season before. Sold the Gold Wing a couple years back. Just have the cruiser left. I don't feel safe on the road like I used to. Crazy drivers and deer. I prefer to ride the right side near the shoulder. Its amazing how many cars can pull along side and want to share the lane. Where the &%$@# did they learn this ??????
When I was 15 I rebuilt the engine in a 58 MGA. ( my first ride ) Sanded the body, took out the dents, took it to a body shop. Had it repainted bright red ( $35.00 ) took it home and assembled remaining parts. First drive with my dad as copilot driving into town we met a 55 Oldsmobile. Still remember the huge grille driving towards us. As it neared a giant flipper hubcap came off rolling down the center of the highway. As it came close to my door a quick swerve prevented a collision. It appeared as high as the door on my MG. That is when I decided I needed a larger set of wheels. Sold the MG to a returning service man and bought a 57 Chevrolet two door hardtop. My luck never changed as it had a defunct engine also . The price reflected this condition. Loved the 57 !

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I know that riding now will be different.
Living close to a collage town one is always dealing with people that don't know where they are or going.
Guess one needs to pick his route well.

I have no intentions of going the "brand rider"..... just a rider as of the past.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Yeah it used to be like that. When i went on road trips id carry two sets of saddlebags. One had tools and spare parts.

I never leave home without tools. I've spent much more time wrenching on other people's bikes than on my own. Back before FI I don't know how many times I unhooked my gas line, found an empty beer can, and donated gas to someone.

Last edited:

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I would have to move the controls back then maybe one of those V@H pro stock engines.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Weekend before last at the NHRA meet one of those crazies was running pretty consistent 6.20's. Not for me!! Like being on a two wheeled BOMB!! Well, for about the last 500 feet anyway, when the front wheel finally comes back to the ground.

Lonnie