question on door panels

wally409

Well Known Member
Hey guys - can you tell me if the door panels for a 62 bubbletop are exactly the same as those in the 2-door sedan? If not, can they be modified to fit?
Thanks

gearhead409

Well Known Member
pretty close but no cigar. you my be able to rework the bubble top to fit the sedan but not the other way around.

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hey guys - can you tell me if the door panels for a 62 bubbletop are exactly the same as those in the 2-door sedan? If not, can they be modified to fit?
Thanks

They're too different to work.

The chrome trim strips are the same on the door panels but different on the rear panels. I still have a set for a 2 door sedan.

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
They're too different to work.

The chrome trim strips are the same on the door panels but different on the rear panels. I still have a set for a 2 door sedan.

What color? I just sent my shells off to C.A.R.S. to have a set made.

wally409

Well Known Member
Thanks guys. - for MileHiSS - I need red but could paint any panel to match. Do you have a pair for sale? and how much?
I'd prefer to get a couple of good used because the rest of the interior is in good original condition and I'd like to match it up with similar looking panels - but I don't think I can be too particular at this time. I need something as quickly as possible. Thanks.