Race shocks?

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I see that I can buy 50/50 Lakewood shocks for the rear of my 60 Impala but Lakewood does not offer a shock for the front. I was thinking 90/10s. What shock can I use for the front?

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
parts store look up

I think the front shocks on my 62 are 70 Chevelle. They have a full metal outer sleeve but fit with no problems. They guy at the parts store looked up the dimentions in a Monroe book and had the shocks in stock. Should be easy to get Chevelle race shocks.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ray, the front application is the same as 55-57 Chevy / CDN Pontiac. Just drop your font suspension and make sure the fully extended shock still has to squeeze back down a tough ( so as not to "top out" the shock when the front tires are in the air;) ).
If you dind that the shock needs more length, it won't be much. You can solve it by simply adding an extra rubber bushing to the shaft before you install.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Thank you all for your reply's, QA1's will be on my Christmas list for my next "race" car. Thanks Aubrey. :D

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Ray,
Try Lakewood 90/10 shocks part number 40101 at summitt. These shocks will work on the front. If you check the archives for "front shocks" I think the thread will come up, I don't know how to post so it will take you directly to it. These are the shocks that Gerry is runnning or at least he used to.

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Ray, FYI

The double adjustable QA1 shocks are great. The fine tuning capability is awesome, Chistmas isn't far away. :brow

chevytaylor

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Shocks

Ray. Competition Engineering has a 50/50 , 70/30 rear adjustable shock for about $44 each.
QS409

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
i have some of those comp engineering 3 way adjustables on the back of my red car. since that wont be raced anymore, they're coming off. do you want them? pretty sure i will replace the air bags and cut springs as well. do you want that stuff?

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
i have some of those comp engineering 3 way adjustables on the back of my red car. since that wont be raced anymore, they're coming off. do you want them? pretty sure i will replace the air bags and cut springs as well. do you want that stuff?

Yeah Bob, that would be great! PM me a price. In the mean time I will look up the Comps. online.

Ray.