Radiator Hose Help

2MNYTYS

I am going to be installing a new radiator in my '62 Biscayne soon. I will be installing a Walker Radiator. On the stock radiator both the upper and lower hoses are on the passenger side, whereas the new Walker Radiator has the lower on the passenger side and the upper on the driver side. I have looked online and there are several photos of '62s with the upper hose on the driver side. Has anyone on here installed a radiator with the upper hose on the driver side and used a molded hose and not a flexible one? If so what was the original application for the hose used?

Thanks in advance for any help.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am going to be installing a new radiator in my '62 Biscayne soon. I will be installing a Walker Radiator. On the stock radiator both the upper and lower hoses are on the passenger side, whereas the new Walker Radiator has the lower on the passenger side and the upper on the driver side. I have looked online and there are several photos of '62s with the upper hose on the driver side. Has anyone on here installed a radiator with the upper hose on the driver side and used a molded hose and not a flexible one? If so what was the original application for the hose used?

Thanks in advance for any help.
What engine are you running? Try a 69 Chevelle upper hose.

Engine Comp 2.jpg

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I suggest you make some kind of template or existing hose like the one suggested and go to parts warehouse to see what will fit. I had to do that even for my stock 409 radiator. The hoses from the books were too short.
I now have those hose wraps with the numbers for the 2 -409 we are doing now -for upper and lower on the passenger side.
Paul

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I just did what Paul suggested on my upper and lower radiator hoses for my current Ventura project.

2MNYTYS

What engine are you running? Try a 69 Chevelle upper hose.

I am running a small block. I will take a look at a '69 Chevelle hose.

I have tried going to my local stores to look at their selection but most only have a limited amount of hoses in stock. I used to be able to walk in and get just about anything that I needed. Now, if you want a hose for a 1992 Saturn they probably have 10 of those.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Most all small blocks built late 60's and 70's would have a hose for the left side.

Tri5man

Well Known Member
Didn't know Walker made radiators for our cars. Glad to hear it I really like their products. My 46 Ford convertible has had one in it for almost 20 years and still going strong when I sold the car.