Randy_Sh - New Member...

Randy_Sh

Hi All.

I am happy that I found the forum as a lover of classic Chevies...but writing with a heavy heart... I am located in Richmond, VA, but the rides are back in Pittsburgh PA where my wife and I grew up...

My wife and I are now the caretaker's of a Regal Red '65 Impala SS that was purchased new my wife's grandfather and it was passed along to his son, my father-in-law. It had been lovely cared for over 35 years by my father-in-law. He passed away suddenly in April and we will certainly make sure that his spirit and memory are carried on with his beloved Impala.

The '65 is a small block car - 327 - and was dragged raced by my father-in-law back in the '70's in the Pittsburgh area. The car is in fanstastic shape - 80 percent original paint, original interior, but really worked over from a drivetrain standpoint. Running a high compression 327 right now, 2-1/2" alumininzed exhaust, Flowmasters, etc...

The '65 would always hit up the local cruises in the Pittsburgh area, especially the Sunday cruise at Caste Village in the South Hills...

Here are some shots - I am looking forward to learning more and using this board as a resource...My other love is Vettes...my Dad has owned the '60 in the photo below since '62...wanted to include a photo of the Vette as well...

Father-in-law at a local cruise - circa 2005...
65_wayne.jpg

'65 Interior
65_int.jpg

'65 Engine Bay
65_eng.jpg

'65 Trunk Area
65_trunk.jpg

And here's the Vette - '60 Horizon Blue - 283/230 - 4 Speed...
vette3.jpg

Thanks all for stopping by...
Randy :cheers

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Randy:
Nice 65. One of my long range plans is to find a 65-67 convertible to put a 409 stroker motor in. You have a big show coming up in your area that I plan on being at in Petersburg during August. We have a forum Blue Suede Cruise race/show coming up in a few weeks in Norwalk, Ohio you might want to attend because alot of interesting members and their cars(well maybe):D will be there. There are a couple of links within here to it. Here is one. Welcome
Robert

http://www.348-409.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8424

jr.W

Well Known Member
Welcome to the sight. 2 good looking cars, love the 7000 red line on the 65
tach also.

jr.W