Rare Rochester Quadrajet carburetor, made by Carter :)

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I think I remember putting 14 of the Carter q- jets That were complete carbs on the shelf. There was a lot more of them that were partial. There were probably 10 that were 800 cfm.:confused Thanks for your help today James and yesterday, More carbs than you've touched in a long time huh?

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Was he able to rebush shafts if necessary?
Yes, There are a lot of new shafts And I believe I have the reemers and bushings too. Lots of digging in my future! :facepalm Um not really sure what all I have yet, but I did see some reamers for base plate butterflys, see it in the pic?

Attachments

• 20210519_075658.jpg
    20210519_075658.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
HOLLY CRIPES!!! Tooth, what are you doing with all that??
Sell,sell,sell. Thought I would rescue it before something happened to him and it all went to the garbage. There are a lot of good parts and kits. Mostly Chevrolet stuff. He said he had over $8500 invested in all of The carbs alone. Even had special tools made for making the throttle plate butterflies larger. So my goal is to sell it out to those in need for a super fair price.....

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Don, I have a few AFB’s and some with cast iron base plates. I haven’t really looked through them yet but they’re all GM. You got a number you’re looking for send it my way and I’ll look through them. I do have the 625 CFM 1965 300 hp 327 super stock carburetor that Val has already tuned and is ready to go. Pretty aggressive carburetor though. And fairly large jets. But it can be tuned for a cruiser. AFD15FD4-917E-4FB5-8DEB-E28EB11CB90C.jpeg3CF948F2-C2AF-427A-BEFD-09EB00242991.jpeg